Register now to get rid of these ads!

any body chopped a 54 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by karma54, Jul 11, 2007.

1. karma54

karma54

i wanted to get some info if some one already did it to just tell where to cut the pillars and roof at. i want to go around 4 to 5". The back window do i have to lay it. Can i get the window cut somewhere.I know I could do it I just need the direction. I also have a visor i wanna try to keep it on there after i chop it to.

Attached Files:

2. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

I don't think you can cut that black glass with that much curve in it. Unless you know an expert and you have access to a few experts. Yes, I wold lay it down and/or let it go down into the trunk. Good luck and keep us updated!

3. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

You CAN NOT cut tempered glass. Most older cars have a tempered glass rear windshield. BUT, sometimes, the reproduction replacement glass is laminated, not tempered, so they can be cut. Laminated glass has a layer of plastic between the layers of glass, so you can tell the difference if the glass is out of the car. Laminated glass, like the front windshield, CAN be cut. Even then, curved laminated glass is not so easy to cut. There are various techniques to do it, but standard flat glass cutting ones don't seem to work well.
    Leaning the entire rear window surround is a good way to go, IF the shape of the glass allows it. Some rear windshields have pronounced corners to them that look akward when leaned forward. Sometimes they actually look better if you turn them upside down. Other times, it's just better to replace the whole rear windshield with a smaller one from another car.

4. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon