Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Anglia cars or projects out there?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cabanadan, Dec 30, 2007.

1. neverlift666

neverlift666
    from Sacramento

Here's one I just picked up for a hundred bucks. It's been beat on pretty bad. Both quarters are full of bondo, the front clip is smoked. The narrowed olds rear and front axle setup was worth it, and it's got all glass, doors, trunk lid, headlight and tail light trim. Not to mention the firewall, it's half-inch aluminum that doubles as a motor plate, and I'll double my money if I can't get my shit together and finish this project.. YES, it's right hand drive and YES, you sit in the back seat. Ruler. :eek:

Attached Files:

2. ChevypoweredAnglia

ChevypoweredAnglia
    from Almont, MI

Im going to go check out my first pre 1990s project tomorrow. It was bought by my stepdad in the 60s, has a Chevy 327 in it as far as I was told, and it has been sitting in his warehouse since I believe the early 80s in the exact location that he drove it to 20 some odd years ago. All I know about it is from the early fifties, and I believe it is set up gasser style. I'm pretty excited to go check it out. I'm pickin it up for the hefty price of "just help me clear a path to get it outta there". I'll post up some pics as soon as I can.

3. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Found this on another thread "The Original King Kong Thames" - a Contemporary Glass Body with original chassis built by George Britting Enginneering (DVD). Only met George once at a CHRR show before he passed away.

Ed Kohler Looked at my Thames when the NHRR went to Columbus, I think Jim Oddy, and Trouble brought him over to ID it. ED commented that the KK Thames was identical in construction (cept chopped etc) and that what was odd is they needed original hardware which was difficult to find in 1967............greatfully he signed my dash which was worth the trip.

One other note: There are 2 Front Ends for the Contemporary Bodies (Stock and 4" Longer)....the length was for the Blown Cars for the drive belt clearance I was told. My car has the 4" longer Anglia Nose. This was told to me from several sources, but the Canadian that owned the car when it was white (stripped of paint) told me this before anyone else.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  4. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I need some track time...................or indoor concrete to practice......Winter is becoming a useless season...............

[​IMG]

5. rebelrat

rebelrat

56 300ehttp://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=25102&pictureid=419398

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  6. moparron426

moparron426

I had the King kong thames for awhile back around 1977?. the Kohler bros sold the King Kong anglia and thames to the Pacini bros, and I found an add for the cars for sale when the Pacini's were selling them.
    I bought the Thames (less engine and trans) and my friend Paul Thompson bought the anglia(with an Injected BB chevy) and I got them shipped to Rochester NY. I had the thames on and off for about 2 years , I traded it to a guy in Buffalo and then got it back then sold it again and it went up to Toronto Canada and last i heard the body was behind a body shop but some one cut the nose off it for some other car(I cant be sure of that). the King Kong anglia lived on and was save the thames may never be found.
    I had some pics of the thames at my place but they were on Big Kevins website and now that is closed down, Ill see if I can find them again Ron....

King Kong anglia restored
    http://www.kingkonganglia.com/hist/update.php

pictures
    http://www.kingkonganglia.com/pict/pict.php

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  7. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

My Dad's 49' Anglia.

Attached Files:

8. Why was the Cragar S/S the wheel of choice for almost all gasser Anglias ? It just seems like 98% of them had them, the look you can't argue with but just curious.

9. Larry T

Larry T

Free wheels for sponsorship, maybe???? Cragars were a lot heavier wheel than some of the others.
    Larry T

10. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

This one belongs to my uncle.
    [​IMG]

11. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

Thanks for the info Ron, here are the pics from BKM's site........

CC

Attached Files:

12. Larry T

Larry T

Did the Pacini Brothers ever run the Thames? No "Showtime" colors?
    Larry T

13. moparron426

moparron426

THANK you for those pics....

the pics of it in primer are at my house the others are at Pacini's place:D

I dont think they ever ran the Thames.

I cant for the life of me remember where the chassis from that car went:eek:

but the body did go to Canada, anyone up there know anything about it?????

14. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

No, before they had completed updating the Thames to run NHRA AA/GS, the class was eliminated. Instead of a second update to run the car as a competitive BB/A, the decision was made to part the car out.

CC

15. mow too much

mow too much

Saw a nice orginal untouched Anglia at DFW over the weekend that was begging to be a gasser, but was big bucks.

16. Dar100e

Dar100e
    from england

heres some pics of mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

1badnov is that Lennies new ride or another uncle if its Lennie tell him to call me thanx

18. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

The ultimate 'sleeper'...nice ride.

CC

19. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Notice that the King Kong had the rear doors "Glassed Shut".........This car needs to be found and saved, the frame can be easy to duplicate with the Goerge Britting Prints out on it.

20. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Search Thames on EBAY a Canadian Outfit is selling a chopped body thames. Looks like they copied the King Kong Thames, and are selling copies. The wheel well openings are large like the Old KK Photos, and it is chopped as well. Being in ONTARIO it is in the right province where the body was rumored to be. (Technical & Historical Interest Only - Not Selling)

21. Black coupe

Black coupe

Heres a picture of mine
    [​IMG]

22. moparron426

moparron426

do you have a link to the thames on ebay??
    I tried to find it but came up with nothing

here is what Kong looked like when I last seen it, it was in the buffalo area for awhile and then went up to Toronto.

I have an email in to a friend of mine asking him if he remembers who I sold the chassis to or where it went, I cant for the life of me remember what I did with it :confused::( sucks getting old:eek::rolleyes:

[​IMG]

23. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here you go the Original Chassis with SOHC Ford.

[​IMG]

24. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is the George Britting Detail Print.

[​IMG]

25. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And the Troxel Radiation A/G - With shorter front end. Also a Contemporary Glass Thames, rumored to be in Florida.

[​IMG]

26. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Britting Engineering Photo with Troxel Thames and Shore & Hess Pic.

[​IMG]

Cayey57 likes this.
  27. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Better View of my car, has older bumper view, had to raise the rear bumper 4".
    Wheelie bar wheels would get into the bumper if it stands up.

[​IMG]

28. caceo

caceo

Nice job.... looks so cool.....

GlassThamesDoug likes this.
  29. caceo

caceo

No pics as of yet...but they will be up soon...
    Mine is a MGA coupe that is running a 289 and T5 box to a Ford 9"

GlassThamesDoug likes this.
  30. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

some cool looking cars.