Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Any '63 Galaxie Customs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CAHotRodBoy, Dec 24, 2020.

1. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

I've been wanting a "cruiser" type car for a while now. Was thinking early 60's Riviera or maybe a T-Bird with some nice options like power windows, cruise, a/c, etc. Something I can drive long distances in comfort.

I have a '63.5 Galaxie project that I was going to do in a NHRA Jr Stocker style but now that I have a 392 Hemi going in my ' 34 coupe I got thinking why buy another car when I could just switch gears (no pun intended) on the Galaxie project.

The chassis is all redone and ready to go along with a new built 390 and BW T-10. I was thinking I could pull the 4 speed and put it behind the Hemi in the '34 as I don't have a trans for that car yet and then put an AOD behind the 390. I could add all the other creature comfort stuff to the Galaxie and have the cruiser I'm looking for.

I really dig Larry Watson style paint jobs and would lean towards something similar. Not sure about wheels, maybe radirs? No skirts though. The car is Winbleton white with the turquoise XL interior.

Any '63 Galaxie customs out there?

Here's the chassis and body so you can see I'm starting with a blank canvas.

IMG_4144 (Small).JPG IMG_4146 (Small).JPG

egads likes this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

not many with custom look 20201224_163309.jpg

pigIRON63, egads, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  3. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. caper

caper
    from Cape Cod

HUGE cars !

Deuces likes this.

5. Go for it. 63 1/2 Galaxie has always been one of my favorite Fords. They are badass.

Deuces likes this.
  6. Yutan Flash

Yutan Flash
    from Gretna, NE

You do realize '63 Galaxies rank up there with '40 Fords as two cars that were virtually 'perfect' right out of the box, right? And yes I'm biased.

egads and Deuces like this.
  7. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Or how about a '59 Imperial grille in one?
    Screenshot (381).png

8. pigIRON63

pigIRON63

20201213_143607.jpg I'm going the mild custom route with mine. A lil lower and bellflowers are about all that's left in store with mine.

egads and Deuces like this.
  9. egads

egads
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know it's a more door , but 63's are great road car's. 390, cruise-a-matic, Power window's, steering, brakes, ac. Continental kit is not to everybody's liking, but makes more room in the trunk for luggage.[​IMG]

pigIRON63 likes this.