Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any '61-'71 Dodge pickup pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by superduper88, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superduper88

superduper88

I got ahold of a '69 Dodge p/u yesterday. I'm wondering if any of you guys n' gals have pics of trucks like mine, I believe it's '61-'71. I'd like to see how others have done thiers & get some ideas.

Thanks- John

2. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

theres quite a few owners here... check sweptline.org too

start
    [​IMG]

now
    [​IMG]

3. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

here's a few '69-'71

Attached Files:

4. superduper88

superduper88

SWEEEET! How did you get that thing so low? I'm guessing the strait axle is long gone?

That minty one w the 5 spokes is about the stance I want for mine. Though I dont know if I can, I have to keep the strait axle for now.

Any more pics floating around? I seen alot of stock one online, not many customs/hotrods.

Thanks- John

5. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

nope, shes a straight axle still

6. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

My not hamb friendly 71 project

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  7. superduper88

superduper88

Body drop too? What did you do w the front axle? I'm interested!!

-john

8. superduper88

superduper88

FunnyCar, u posted as I was posting..... that thing is sweet too! I like tubbed trucks, blowers make 'em even better! That thing is LOW.

-John

9. starion88esir

starion88esir

That's sick. Mounting the bags on top of the drop axle? Is that a six inch channel/body drop?

10. superduper88

superduper88

Ok, i uploaded a pic of mine.....not even close to being as cool as you guy's trucks! I took this pic so when I was done I could do a before & after. This is where it is, haven't picked it up yet.....pickups definetly make good lumber storage units lol.

[​IMG]

-John

11. dentprone

dentprone

Had a '71 in high school.....man, I loved that truck. About a week after I got it patched up, painted, and lookin' nice, I rolled it but good. Jacked and pulled the cab back into shape enough to get a windshield in her and drove it for another couple months til I could afford another vehicle. Yamada, your truck is damn sweet. SuperDuper, love that 4WD....looks like maybe you can save it from a life of "hold my beer and watch this" events.

12. superduper88

superduper88

yeah definetly! I already have two 4x4's so this is getting converted to 2wd, I have a 440/727TF that is going in it, getting rid of the 8 lug rearend too.....going from a 4x4 Power Wagon to a 2wd 1/2T. Exactly the oppisite direction from what most people do lol!

-John

13. RichG

RichG

...on top of the axle? By the looks of it he's mounting them on the cowl! Now that's lowridin' right there!:D

14. storm king

storm king

I would love to find one; but had to have a truck so I've got a mid-'80's one (two,actually) Hopefully as I get my '66 Dart moving forward again I'll be able to locate one, or an A-100 van; to use as a push/pit vehicle.

15. I've been wanting to build a '61-'71 Dodge pickup for quite sometime. They are one of my favorites, and they are still affordable vs. alot of other old trucks nowadays. One of these days I'll get one and get to work.

Pictures of custom ones are really hard to find. Here's some pictures I've managed to gather off the 'net. E

Attached Files:

16. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

I've always wanted to build a 61-71 D-200 Crewcab. Converted to 1/2 ton and a shortbed, 440/T727 to use as a towpig. There's one in a junkyard I know of and it's just cool looking in an ugly sorta way...

Similar to this truck...

Attached Files:

17. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

haha not quite on the cowl yet haha. it was important to keep the straight axle, lasted 40 years, how can it be wrong?? anyway, 5 inch body drop, 9 inches outta the bed( its a medium bed now), everything shaved, 1 off grill, for the suspension, the rear is 4 link w/ bags ( obviously) the front is 2X2 square tube trailing arms. still gonna make some more... well.. alot modifications to those( so ill get some more pictures when i do that)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  18. 16 Dodge Bros

16 Dodge Bros
    from MO

I had nine of them, down to two now, both for sale if anyone is interested. 68 d200 383/727, needs a frame and engine gone through, solid bed thats never had a real load in it, and solid fenders. And a 71 d200 crew long bed 1 of 486 built, was 383/727,ps,pb,a/c truck. rough and no title for it. both can be bought fairly cheap or trade? P.M. me if interested

19. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I got a sweet 71 D200 "Work Horse" refered to as the "Blue Beast".

Attached Files:

20. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Something about them big ugly crew cabs just do it for me.Kinda like a fat girl needed loving too.

21. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

A couple more,the car hauler is a buddy of mine.

Attached Files:

22. [​IMG]

My '67 Custom Sport Special (CSS) pickup that I regretfully sold. One of only eight '67 CSS trucks in the CSS Registry ( www.cssregistry.com )

23. superduper88

superduper88

I am definetly sold on the low ride height, just looks "right" on these trucks. Custom one are hard to find online, good thing I asked in the right place!

The CSS website was very interesting, had no idea they exsisted.

-John

24. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

No pictures but you could also get the crew cab in the long and short beds also...our local forest service truck was green with a shorty step side! So fugly it was awesome:D

25. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

to the top for the "different" trucks

26. RodStRace

RodStRace

Hopefully bigdad will post his....

27. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

its on the first page

28. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

These trucks are very cool. Around 10 years ago I worked on a customer's '69 at the shop. It was the first time I'd ever really looked at one up close and I really liked the 'nose' and lines on it.

I bet I haven't seen a dozen in the time since then...
    It's too bad they are definitely really neat.

Jay

29. SholleysTrimShop

SholleysTrimShop

I just traded this off over the summer, It had a flipped and stretched straight axle up front and a spring flipped rear, and sectioned front fenders for a more proportioned low look.

Attached Files:

30. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

[​IMG]

i did my rear wheel wells the same way. had one done on the front, but couldnt clear the new wheels...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.