Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any 56 Pontiac 860 2 Door Wagons on this thing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pontiacres Ranch, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Anybody else with a 1956 Pontiac 860 Wagon out there?

Ed in NWI

[​IMG]

2. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

this thing? Its the h.a.m.b, hokey ass message board

3. I don't but I knew a fellow back in my home state of MD who has a beautiful unrestored one in green/white...Back in the early 90's, he bought it off of the orginal owner after hounding her for years to sell it to him...When he picked it (for around $2500!) up it was all faded and looked like it needed a total restoration...but it ran and was very solid, always garaged, too...A week later he swings by the house with it and it looked like the perfect 100-foot car...he detailed the living daylights out of it and it looked great.
    He has about 15 fifties-era cars at any one time and rents them out for movies, commericals, TV shows, parades etc...and all of that fun on a schoolteacher's salary. I wish I had pix to share but I don't. Sorry.
    Good luck with yours, it really is a beautiful car.

4. Here are a couple of pictures of a wild '56 Pontiac Safari a friend of mine has. It was built back in the sixtys. My friend owned it a few years ago then sold it. His son found the Pontiac Safari (which had now been disassembled and de-snaked) and purchased it to suprise his Dad. It is now a father/son long term project. If anybody has early pics or info of this car he would appreciate hearing from you! By the way the snake on the rear tailgate was done in 24 Karat Gold Leaf!

Attached Files:

5. Here is the rear tailgate! The car was known as: OgoPogo

Attached Files:

6. It was powered by a Big Block 455
    The picture of the '56 Safari on the trailer was when they found it years later!

Attached Files:

7. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

860, not good enough for a name, but still cool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]