Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any 3 or 4 seat speedsters out there?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TBone69, Sep 8, 2010.

1. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

After seeing BangerMatts thread on his latest speedster creation I am hooked but have one small problem. I need/want to be able to fit my wife and son in the car as well.

So my search for a picture 3 or 4 seat (Model A)speedster began but so far no luck. I did find mention of Charlie Yapp having a speedster with a rumble seat but can not find any pics.

Guess I could just send him an email but someone else has to have done this, no?

Thanks
    TBone

2. Take a look at yonahrr's giant speedster thread! There was a T boattail body for sale on the HAMB a few years back that was a three seater, but other than these two, I can't think of any... except the Hispano Suiza Tulipwood...

[​IMG]

3. Seat for two small kids in the back of a beetleback Pembleton Brooklands;

[​IMG]

NB - this is a very small car, so if you can do it with this a T speedster should be easy.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  4. Here's the one that was for sale a while back- wish I had the money!!!

Attached Files:

5. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Awesome guys, I was almost thinking of scrapping the idea but this has reinvigorated me.

That last one looks like wood? that is pretty sweet.

Thanks
    TBone

6. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I have kicked the idea around for my boat tail project, and it does look like it could work OK....but I am thinking that a decent trunk might be a better use of space.

[​IMG]

7. Why not make it dual purpose? A trunk for most of the time but you can leave the lid off (maybe a replacement lid with an oval hole) and drop in a small child seat as and when.

8. jware

jware
    from California