Register now to get rid of these ads!

antique midget and sprint car parts

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by joesully, Dec 6, 2011.

1. joesully

joesully
    from millis

Hi All,

I bought a house in Millis Ma that was owned by Carmelo ( Blackie ) Lamacchia. He was a well known mechanic fro 60 plus years on Midget race cars. He passed away last Christmas eve after a bout with cancer. His wife left behind alot of antique parts for mostly midgets. I have magnesium wheels front end parts pistons rods exhaust headers a fuel tank cell magneto's Halibrand quick change rear end. I have tons more than that. I have about 2 truck loads of stuff. I had one of Blackie's old friends come by and indentify soe of the parts. I know some are offy engine parts. I have 2 engine's and cylinder heads that I can't indentifty. I am looking to sell all of it or some of it. I also have a duby drive over toe gage setup and a black and decker valve grinder.
    I WILL ATTACH SOME PICS

Joe Sullivan
    617-212-2106

2. k9racer

k9racer

you gave such a good intro I will give you 140 dollars per one thousand lbs for your stuff..

3. joesully

joesully
    from millis

no thanks pal!

4. How about you tell us about yourself here before jumping right in to trying to sell stuff.

5. joesully

joesully
    from millis

TO BE HONEST!! I have no interest in sprint or midget race cars. I have a lifted jeep that is in the process of having a 6.0 392 horse put in it. I am here to help who ever needs these parts. They are all vintage midget parts. Consider me doing a service for this forum.

6. I consider you not wanting to follow HAMB rules

7. joesully

joesully
    from millis

sorry? don't know the rules. What's wrong with helping paople find hard to find race parts? you guys lost me

8. The HAMB is a family of HOT ROD guys,helping each other..This is not just a place to come and sell your junk...If you cant participate in our interests and knowledge list your stuff on craigs or ebay..AND the rules are clearly posted if you take the time to read them

9. joesully

joesully
    from millis

Junk? Do you understand what this stuff is worth to people restoring cars. Your ignorance is uncalled for! The previous owner of this so called junk would roll over in his grave. Please keep your comments to yourself. good bye!

10. you do not inderstand..This is a traditionl Hot rod forum..not a dirt racers forum...post on that kind of website Dilbert

11. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

Sic 'em boys!!! Damn midgets keep showin' up around here...:eek: "What's the world coming to!"

12. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Hmmm.

I recon those other HAMB'ers here that have vintage sprints and midgets or other vintage roundy round cars that post here wouldn't be interested at all in this stuff.

How about letting the Mods here move this to the for sale side. They're the site police, not one us of poor peons'. No sense in getting one's panties all bunched up about some guy trying give a heads up on some vintage speed stuff.

Shoot, there's 1/4 midgets, 1/2 midgets. vintage sprinters, vintage sprint cars, roundy round stuff for sale in the For Sale stuff here.

HellRaiser

13. I think it's time for some midget bowling.

14. coleld

coleld

Kid, your in the wrong place, you don't even know what you have there. You should give the stuff to someone that has a genuine interest in the cars instead of trying to make a fast buck.

15. k9racer

k9racer

You follow directions so well I will up my offer to fifteen dollars per 100 lbs. But first you must knock a Baseball size hole in the gas tank.. Thank You..

16. joesully

joesully
    from millis

HEY DAN FROM DUDLEY. why you burning a bridge?

17. mikiehews

mikiehews

wow Joe you are pissing everyone off. Thats ok if they don't want what you have to offer ebay is a really good place to sell them your stuff. I understand the whole "this is a family" thing. I'm a enthusiest as well. The way I see it is why not keep "blackie's" parts in the family. I think that is what a "true" hot-rodder would want.

18. mikiehews

mikiehews

a "genuine" intrest doesn't mean giving away what one man worked so hard for his whole life. My understanding is the parts came with the house as a package deal. Giving them away so they end up in the wrong hands is just crazy. I would be ashamed of myself trying to steal from a fellow american.

19. joesully

joesully
    from millis

20. mikiehews

mikiehews

I wouldn't consider it "junk".

21. mikiehews

mikiehews

looks like dan and the others have given up on "lets have at him boys". I guess they know that what you have is special and not to just throw it away. I'd like to see these parts back on the street and/or track!

22. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

What's the flap? HAMB has a very cageless midget thread and a more active Vintage Sprint Car thread.

Please post the pictures you mentioned in original post and consider also putting them on the aforementioned threads where you won't be hassled as long as you follow the rules regarding sale items, which I have never had occasion to look for, but they must be readily apparent.

23. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

wow......i`m shocked......this has been one of the most fan friendly site i have found on this computor. it appears to me that someone didn`t know the rules.........no need to jump dowm their throats as far as i can see.........we all have bad days....lets chalk it up to that. i remember blackie a bit ,didn`t know him personally but he sure wouldn`t want his junk thrown in the dump..........i hope that when we see a post that goes against the rules that we explain the rules in a fan friendly manner.........this is still the best site i`ve found.....merry christmas all........j/m