Register now to get rid of these ads!

Antique chair

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Phil1934, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Phil1934

Phil1934

The neighbor to my shop put this out as the base was broken. My shop foreman has an office chair with a cast aluminum art deco base ( or had as of Monday [​IMG]). But I could not find a marking so wondered what the chair was.

Attached Files:

2. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

3. luckystiff

luckystiff

hard to tell from those pics, but deff. Eames era. no matter the maker it's positively worth $$$$$$ if in good condition otherwise. is the base repairable? if so even if you had to put a few bucks in it i would repair the base and keep it original. go to egay and look up prices on Eames era stuff alot of it is high. there's a retro furniture shop a block up from my house that has a black one just like that with matching ottoman and if memory serves correctly i think they want somewhere in the $500 range for the pair. good find either way. and as i said if the base is repairable even if you have to take it to someone to do so i'd fix it...ken....

4. Phil1934

Phil1934

It was out on trash day, so no stand. It probably went out with the garbage. I see they had a light, modern base so I will keep my eyes out for one instead of the brushed AL cathedral shaped spoked one I was eyeing. It's a recliner but I thought it would make a cool office chair.