Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Anti stall/diesel solenoid needed.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Nov 18, 2018.

1. What do you guys use to kick up the idle a bit when the AC's on? I see different ones on ebay, but the ones looking close to what I need are pretty expensive. The local "chain" auto part stores don't know shit, and my mom/pop go to store is gone. What do you use? 20181118_092727.jpg THX

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. saltracer219

saltracer219

Most manufacturers used some type of idle stop solenoid. I have never seen a factory wcfb application though. It would be pretty easy to fab up a bracket to fit your application. I have a few of these solenoids laying around. If you want to you can p.m. me your email address and I can send you some pics of what I have.

3. THX

4. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

In the seventies and eighties, those things were all over Ford cars. I can remember exactly what year and model. Change part houses, surely, some parts guy can find it?

Bones .

5. derpr

derpr

Hnstray and AHotRod like this.
  6. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

001.JPG
    I tucked an old GM one in behind my linkage. The bottom screw for the throttle valve cable bracket is about 1" long with most of the threads turned off and that is what it pushes against

7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I don’t think you want an idle stop solenoid, they are designed so when power is cut to them they extend to close the throttle. You want an idle speed increase solenoid that extends when power is applied to it to open the throttle a bit. With the stop solenoid it would have to have power when the switch is off for it to stay retracted.

Stop solenoid——power retract
    Idle increase solenoid———power extend

8. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Circa 1976-ish, smog era Chevrolets had a solenoid that pushed out when powered on. That put the idle at the correct point.

It retracted on power off, to stop run-on. Long ago I replaced one on a 1976 Camaro, with a L6.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  9. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I remember those... I used to throw them away with the AC compressor's and install aftermarket intakes. I never needed any "Old Man" crap back in the day! Now, that I am getting old, I wish I kept that stuff. It's now EXPENSIVE!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

belair, 34toddster and Groucho like this.
  11. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

A lot of the mid seventies chryslers had them,used to be on the Thermoquad carbs,i too used to throw them away.If you have a Upick yard yo might be able to find one. Harvey

12. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

$170 that is fuckin stupid

13. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal