Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another WTF is it thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wolfman1, Jun 8, 2012.

1. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

It's not my "cup-of-tea", nor is it anything I would ever work toward while envisioning the finished product. HOWEVER, someone "SAW" it, someone DID it, and someone BOUGHT it. The amount of skill that the car's fabrication required is beyond my abilities, so who am I to knock it?

Look at some of the Barris creations. F.U.G.L.Y... but respected and gazed upon nonetheless. I respect the builder for having a vision against the grain, and if the new owner likes it, well, it's his car. How many of us have been working on a project for YEARS and we're still nowhere close to being finished? I'm guilty. At least this "interesting" car is running and driving. I won't ever knock anyone else's vision OR work. I'm in no position to.

2. the cowl and windshield appear to be 33-4 ford cabroilet the windshield flush sets with screws from the back side.
    the back end look more model A than 32. I think different color on the frame and a 32 grill shell would do wonders to the fuglyness
    I just looked at the photos again. Dick might want to go with a military camo theme

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  3. Wolfman1

Wolfman1

By what's been posted so far, I'm leaning towards the car being English
    It has what appears to be a mid 30's Ford center frame section with a Dodge truck
    front section grafted on

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  4. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

An original....But then, isn't that what roddin' is about ? Makin' it YOURS, with what ya got !!!!!

4TTRUK

5. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok

It reminds me of the Johnny Cash song where he builds a Cadillac out of 20 years of parts. I think that it could be unfuglified

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Good a reason as any I can think of...

7. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Its Dicks toy, dont be a dick!

8. better Dicks toy than the other way around.