Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another what's it worth thread 1955 Lincoln Picture up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBobb, Jun 21, 2011.

1. BBobb

BBobb

First let me start buy saying that i will post pic's in the morning. The car is in a locked climate controlled building for now. For one reason or another i have acquired a 1955 Lincoln Capri 2 door sport coup that is in pristine condition. When i mpost the pic's your jaws will surely hit the ground.I was with my buddy a few years back at the Cruizin the Coast auction in MS when he bought it.I know what he paid for it,but in today's economy i am wondering what a gem such as this one would be worth. It is all original down to the power buttons on the windows and flawless inside and out. Thanks for any help

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I will answer in the morning.

3. BBobb

BBobb

I kind of figured i might be a little pre mature with this one, but guess i was hoping someone out there has had this same year model and body style that could give me a hint

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

imagine you have been here long enough to know that it is only worth what someone will pay for it-also, you have searched here and online for some others close to what you have-always could take it to a pro appraisal company, and insure it for that amount until you sell it-put it at no reserve at a big time auction-likely in the $20K range

5. BBobb

BBobb

Here is a pic
    [​IMG]

6. TexasDart

TexasDart

how much did you 'acquire' it for?

7. Fenders

Fenders

".........I know what he paid for it, but in today's economy ........"

Is the seller still your buddy?

8. How does a testicle sound? From the pic that is one sweet Lincoln, it has got to be worth a small fortune even in our current economy.

9. norm ricardo

norm ricardo

Thats one sweet Lincoln!

10. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

after Ryan's rant you would come on looking to flip a car you just acquired off a buddy, LOL just kiddin, beautiful car, take it to the Lincoln meet in Salado around roundup time next year and let the EXPERTS appraise it for you. Have a buddy in Abilene with a convertible about the same year.

11. swissmike

swissmike

There was a nice driver quality 55 2dr hardtop in the classifieds selling in the low to mid teens. I agree with Jalopy Joker that a very nice original should be in the 20k range. Appraisal values are a different story and reflect an inusrance value rather than the going market value in most instances.

Stunning car. I love mid-fifites Lincolns.