Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another "What Is It?" Game

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Darby, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Darby

Darby

So these are lousy pics, but I was sneaking around in the woods on somebody else's land, and the mosquitos were fierce. I saw this stuff about 12 years ago when I was working for the guy who used to own the property. He's got a bunch of cars (mostly T's, one or two A's) hoarded away in chicken coops elsewhere, but this stuff is just laying out, and I think he sold the land. There's probably what used to be two cars, maybe cut down into farm buggy/tractor bastards, and parts off some other cars dumped in. Anybody want to guess what this was, and if it would be worth knocking on a door and chopping down some alders to get at it? The sheet metal is pretty much gone- this cowl is caved on the other side, and missing a door, and it's about the best of the tin that's there. There's a couple fenders buried under the leaves, but I assumed they were rusted away, so I didn't dig too much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

26-27 Model T

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Top photo is a 1926-27 T roadster or touring cowl, and door. Second photo is a 1925 or older T chassis, it has extra U bolts holding the spring on. If the rear axles are there post some photos, you may get lucky and have a two speed rear.

4. Darby

Darby

Those are the 'Ruxtell' ones, right? I think I've seen those before- there's a rod that runs down to the diff to change gears, right? I don't remember seeing any rears, but that doesn't mean they aren't there- there's parts of at least three frames, so there's bound to be a rear in there somewhere...