Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Weesner Inspired Hot Rod (Lit Up)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 193257, Jan 10, 2011.

1. nh-lead-man

nh-lead-man

Nice workmanship and planning!!

2. Just Jarrod

Just Jarrod

I had no idea of this build until I posted to IG my pic of it at GNRS this weekend and a friend asked about it. Unreal. I walked by it half a dozen times and couldn't make sense of it in my head. I asked a friend if it was actually in bare metal. Absolutely stunning in person. Kinda glad I hadn't read this thread before hand, my enthusiasm was legit. II wasn't the only one snapping pics of course, so I was in and out with the camera. Enjoy! [​IMG]

3. I'm looking forward to seeing this painted.
    Those who like seeing it in the nude, have almost 30 pages here to browse through.
    So, its 2016.
    Bring on the jam!

Outback, JUNK ROD and K13 like this.
  4. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

Heck Jimmy, I could build a truck like that..........If I knew how! Great looking job!

5. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

It looked great at the show, a true work of art!

6. Nice article in TRJ #71 written by Curt Iseli (@Curt Six):

TRJ #71 - All Lit Up.jpg
    To say Jimmy Hervatin has a knack for metalworking would be a gross understatement. In TRJ #71, we check in on the Missouri-based metalman’s second Ford pickup based on a Keith Weesner (@weez) illustration. Dubbed “Lit Up,” the ’52 Ford F-1 has been chopped, sectioned and features a wealth of subtle details throughout. TRJ contributor John Jackson (@NotStockPhoto) photographed the Ford at Jimmy’s well-equipped shop in Warrenton, Missouri.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    Outback, 32STUPRES, Murphy32 and 6 others like this.
  7. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Great article. Great pictures. Great family. Congrats!!!!

8. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Wow, such amazing workmanship. I also amazed that it is a stick shift truck. So many would have made it a sit back in the seat and let the automatic trans. do all the work. Thanks for sharing.

9. cmarcus

cmarcus

Amazing. Is this thing getting paint? I mean, looks UNREAL bare, but to see it in that paint will truly be amazing.

10. Since the original Weesner illustration was painted (kind of an Aqua w/ Red flames...see post 1), I would bet it gets painted like that eventually (just like the last one did).

11. JUNK ROD

JUNK ROD

He's gonna paint it like the lit up same colours. You should buy the rodder journal awesome article in this issue!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and glenn33 like this.
  12. jaxonm

jaxonm
    from HelLA

Been over a year here with no updates? Would love to see where this thing has come in the last 13 months, guaranteed to be beautiful.

JUNK ROD likes this.
  13. taildragger1957

taildragger1957

I second this

chryslerfan55 and JUNK ROD like this.
  14. NewEnglandRust

NewEnglandRust

This is the most complete build I have ever seen. I am new to the forum but grew up around classic cars, hot rods, and race cars. This is beyond any vehicle I have ever seen in person. Great work Jimmy! Your name belongs with some of the greats! I hope to be 1/1000th the fabricator you are one day.

Any updates on the build? I know this thread is a year old. Just want to see more photos of that gorgeous work of art.

Outback and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. JUNK ROD

JUNK ROD

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  16. Shows his last post was May 2015.

chryslerfan55 likes this.