Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another vin and title question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kennb, Feb 5, 2013.

1. kennb

kennb

I was just reading the thread by independentcustoms about vin and title. I'm in a little bit of a jam, well, maybe not, I don't know. I purchased my 29 Essex from a guy in Wisconsin about 7 years ago. He said he found it in a corn field and the DMV looked it over for inspection and found only 1 number on the frame. It was registered with this number as the vin, which actually is the vin for this car. They then put a sticker in the door jamb as a vin tag. Not knowing what year the car was they guessed at 1926. So, now I have a 29 Essex registered as a 26. I'm in the process of rebuilding everything. What do I do about this little plastic sticker? Tape over it and sand around it. It's not going to come off without being destroyed. I live in Georgia and was told by some locals not to say anything about the year discrepency or I will open a can of worms. I'm going to build my own frame. i was thinking of cutting out the piece of the original frame and welding to the new frame rail. Oh yeah, whem I purchased the car I got a title. Georgia refused to let me have a title. Told me cars this old only get registration. I'm originaly from NY. They do things alot different down here. I'm probably going to be buried with this car so the title thing isn't too much of an issue, but the vin is. And the year is, to me at least. Any suggestions. Thanks, Ken

2. yes....keep quit about the year and re-use that vin number tag