Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another thing NOT to buy from speedway...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by powmia, Jan 27, 2013.

1. powmia

powmia

2. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Drake does one. Might be better quality.

3. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

so your gunna get a chinese keyed switch? call speedway and have them take it back and give you a new one.

4. reefer

reefer

I'm sick of all this junk passed off as usable parts.....I bought a lamp today for the house to replace the one that broke....the new broke as I fitted the bulb....both Chinese, both crap....everything seems to be made there these days.We used to have a British Standard Kite Mark on everything that you bought, to prove it met standards....I cannot believe these things sold these days can possibly be up to any standard....somebody is going to get hurt or killed one day by this inferior rubbish.

As for your switch, I'd search the junk yards or swapmeets for a good old made in the USA one.

I bought a Stars and Stripes flag as a momento whilst over there on holiday.....got it home and saw that it was ..you guessed it....made in China.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. coupeute

coupeute

I bought some " Made in USA " stickers for my products and discovered the stickers were made in China !

7. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

[Are you sure the rod was all the way in and caught by the spring loaded catch pin before you tried to pull it out?

QUOTE=powmia;8579697]http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Universal-Pull-Type-Ignition-Switch,2369.html

Pulled it out of the box, wired it up and pulled it and the knob and entire rod came out with it...I know it's a 15 dollar switch from China, but pure junk from the get go. Off to the parts store for a keyed switch I guess.[/QUOTE]

8. Phucker

Phucker
    from Kansas

So instead of leaving a review on the site, you decided to post a hissy thread here? Can just about run into a crappy or flawed item from about anywhere you shop.

People want to spend little as possible, and have as much as they can. The population has did this all to itself. Enjoy.

9. sololobo

sololobo

Before you slam an industry leading automotive parts distributer, follow thru with a return, credit etc. Speedway tries to carry price levels for all budgets, they are not spouting out, everything made in the good ol U.S.A. And the next switch might work great, but to just rag on a product, do your part, follow thru with the supplier and get it reconciled. I am sure your are a good guy, and good luck with your project. Just being a little protective of some home boys who have done a lot for our sport. Rock on pal. ~sololobo~

10. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Everything MUST be perfect or else!! I am so sick of hearing these Speedway rants.
    I have been a customer for over forty-five years and, yes, once I did have a defective part from them, an electric fuel pump. I sent an e-mail right after it failed. Next day, a replacement arrived. No charge for anything. And, a handwritten note expressing their disappointment that I had trouble. They didn't ask questions, no form to fill out and no request to return the defective part. Speedway is not a Mickey Mouse operation. They stand behind the products they sell. Question....did you notify them? Did you tell them of the problem? If so, tell us what they answered.
    Simple solution...never buy anything from them again. But, they do have one helluva inventory, so be careful. And they are more than reasonable to deal with.

11. $14.99 for a push-pull switch? Dang, just bought one at NAPA while back for half that much...

12. I'm glad to see a few other people know the art of diplomacy,,give any company a chance to make amends and correct a problem before running them down on the internet.:confused:

Pick up the phone and call Speedway and talk to them. HRP

13. austinhunt

austinhunt

I got a set of hair pins with the threads rusted out...

14. what are these switches for? race cars? why wouldn't you want a key? you can always leave it in anyway.

15. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

instead of bitching why not call them. Ive done business with them for my entire live, and my dad was going there before i was born. If there is an issue they always take care of it.
    What a whiner!

16. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

I went with a John Deere tractor momentary key switch. They are shorter than any other ign set up so they fit snug and you have a key, that doesn't really look like a key. But it works.
    Yeah speedway has come crap but they are good on making it right for ya. They have for me a couple times. If anything at least it won't be a total loss on your part. Just take it up with them

17. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I agree, all I use are Cole Hersee switches. I buy them at a marine store. The one in my 27 is 25 years old and still kicking.

Don

18. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

So what. i got a set from pete and jakes that had rusted threads. I just cleaned them up and ran a tap through them. I wasnt patient enough to wait for vinegar to work. Thats the way it is especially when its chromed. If you cant handle it tell them on the phone and im sure theyll send you some fresh ones so you dont have to do any work.

19. 59 brook

59 brook

just my .02 any company that sells something or has employee's is alway's gonna have a screw up the good companies stand behind their servicesand products . so i don't mind someone coming on here too bitch about a problem but please give them a chance to make it right and let us know how they handle it. no one is perfect but good customer service is what makes the difference

20. edweird

edweird

damn! what this world coming to!!

21. jesse1980

jesse1980

Listen, if we all posted threads every time something wasn't right while working on our cars we would be reading BS all day. Just suck it up and get a different switch , then post a thread of how the car is coming along or when it's done. We all got problems here and there to worry about.

22. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

I bought the same switch from Speedway and it works very well. A consumer should give the merchant a chance to warranty the item. Hope all works out well for you. I really like the push pull switch.

VR&C.

23. The one I used from them was fine. Sorry you got a bad one

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

24. bustingear

bustingear

Bu,l. sh;/t

25. Really gets old and childish people bashing Speedway Motors. I can't count how many times they stood behind their products 100% with no questions asked- they even gave me a full refund on a turn signal switch almost a year after the purchase.

26. 65ssnova

65ssnova
    from Tulsa OK

So what?! you buy new to not have to fix the product!

27. Fenders

Fenders

Why not indeed?
    My key switch came from a 1956 Chevy...........

Attached Files:

28. austinhunt

austinhunt

I can handle myself just fine. I ran a tap through them and then noticed my threads were on the counter in a red orange pile.

They offered to replace, but I live in Alaska and they wanted to charge me 150 for shipping....

I realize there are a lot of whiners, but sending out new parts that are un useable is bad business practice. No need to get your feelings hurt.

29. Agree, we the American public, want cheap goods and high wages. No wonder the economy is a mess!

30. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Yea really, I just got a bunk-out-of-the-box keyed switch at the parts store too. It was supplying 12v to the start terminal when in the run position. The kid behind the counter was trying to convince me the "maybe it's supposed to do that." Yeah... really.:(