Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Another survivor found,A Bitchin 32 Roadster!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by titus, Mar 6, 2012.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

With all the Model A Ford front crossmember swaps I wonder why a simple tube crossmember is so rare. Great car and story, thanks for posting it. Bob [​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and volvobrynk like this.
  2. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13

Nice looking roadster and a great story to go with it...

3. Rem

Rem

Nice car - just read the story in TRK the other day. Good to see it's going to be kept traditional.

4. You are livin the life my friend!

5. I talked to Curt R about this car because he is the Wisconsin Historian and he told me that the North Shore guys never went into the West Allis areas or any areas south of Capitol Drive.

Basically it was like a "Mason Dixon Line" through Milwaukee... that's why you rarely see the Cheaters outside of South Milwaukee! Hahaha... things never change!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Ed took very good care of this car! He should be commended! The interior is awesome! Gauges are incredible! lets not forget the rest! Congrats on your part of the save.

7. titus

titus

heres some more pics of the car where it sat for quite a while.No other major progess as weve been working on Loui's 32, just figured youd get a kick out of the pics.

jeff

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. Phil Stevens

Phil Stevens

thank you for not letting the style police " correct " things, it's a unique car and should stay that way

9. titus

titus

downsized_0331121737.jpg downsized_0331121822.jpg downsized_0331121926.jpg downsized_0331122149.jpg downsized_0402121404.jpg downsized_0402121405.jpg downsized_0403121409.jpg downsized_0403121410.jpg downsized_0403121410a.jpg downsized_0403121410b.jpg downsized_0403121411.jpg some more progress, stuck the flathead back in it, fixed up the front crossmember and frame horns welded up the extra holes Ed had drilled when he moved the crossmember forward for the nailhead, i also had to add onto the front of the crossmember flange cause it was chopped off when it was moved forward, cleaned out lots of the mouse nest and the mouse too! i just fogged on some paint onto the horns so it matched the frame rails.

And fyi, were just bascally getting it all set up and fitting everything then well put the motor back out for a detail job, and were still not sure on whats gonna happen with the frame, if we are going to paint it all or just leave it alone for now.

JEFF

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  10. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

:DVery neat rod .

11. Great stuff Jeff! Man, that paint shined up nicely. Such a neat car.

12. shoebox50

shoebox50

13. greaser

greaser

Really cool! Restoring the early rods is obviously something you enjoy. Great to see another one come back to life. I'll be watching for the photo of Loui and Ed with their rejuvenated Hot Rods, grinning ear to ear.
    You're making many years of dreams come true!

14. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

One thing I admire about what you're doing is the flathead aspect. The hot rodder side of me is screaming "Nailhead!" but you're going with the flathead. No doubt the owner will have a bigger grin when he fires up the ole' flathead than he would with the Nailhead.

It just comes off as much more sentimental to me. Kudos for that.

iPhone - TJJ app

15. titus

titus

Thats kinda what i talked with Ed about, he actually wanted a 302, the nailhead and is unusable now and never ran and very little mods were done to the car so i kinda figured it should be put back that way, Ed was a little worried about the functioning of the flathead, i just told him back then they were all worn out, well make sure this one functions good, runs cool, doesnt vapor lock etc etc.

JEFF

16. love it !! thats a sweet 32

17. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Titus,
    Just found this thread, I do not know what to say!.....You are my new hero, That old girl is gorgeous!! It is awsome that Ed kept it all this time, kinda sad he never done anything with it in the last 50+ years, But on the brighter side, If he had it might have ended up a Boyd style car. Is Ed's sweetheart still alive? If so when you get it going They should redo the pic. I am so glad i found this post, totally makes my day, If I can be of any help please let me know. please keep us posted and take many pics.

18. titus

titus

Thanks for the offer of help, the only thing we are looking for is a set of affordable grancor 39-48 flathead heads.

Ill be posting pics as i go along.

jeff

19. titus

titus

Fired up the flathead to get an idea of the condition, seems ok, no major misses or knocking, when we locate a set of Grancor head well pop off the heads, do a visual inspectio and then if looks ok bolt on the heads and intake and detail her up.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aJCKUXEalBI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. goodgarb

goodgarb
    from TACOMA,WA

:D Very cool car and story! Thanks for sharing

21. slammed58buick

slammed58buick

Killer find. Looks great!

22. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Awesome!!! Flatty sounds good.

23. Had an old fart stop by today and give me the complete scoop on this car. Very cool and to think it's been in a garage off Green Bay Ave in a garage for the last 53 years !!! The fart that stopped is still annoyed that he never heard or found it all these years. Glad to see it getting re-born again.

24. That's it, that's all you're going to tell us? Come on, share the story of this car, inquiring minds want to know! Seriously, Titus, you are a saint, Ed's dreams will also be "restored" as the car is "restored". :D Many other people, would have been only thinking of how to liberate the car from the owner. Too cool! Give our encouragement to Ed, we appreciate guy's like him.

25. It was only on the road as is with the flathead for 5-6 months back in 59' . Thats why no one remembers it or remembers seeing it. Was told he did take it to his senior prom, which is pretty damn cool.

26. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Oh my...great save fershure...that is on great looking old Roadster.
    Thanks for sharing with us..
    Cheers.....

27. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I have a friend with an extensive Ford flathead collection, I'll mosey over there this week and inquire on Grancors for ya.

28. Great car!! Its in good hands. Thanks for the post.

29. titus

titus

Ed says he bought it in 58, drove it that summer and then the winter too, then started the motor swap in 59 and never finished it, if you get the TRK issue #28 you can read the whole story there.

Probably Curt came over and told you about it.

JEFF

30. titus

titus

Heres some pics of it at the GSTA car show over the weekend.

JEFF

Attached Files: