Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another stolen parts rant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51delivery, Apr 4, 2010.

1. 51delivery

51delivery

Actually a family member of a neighbor did ask about the lights. They were about the only usable parts left. they were round lights that had standoffs to match the contour of the body. And could be used on a lot of hot rod projects with a little modification. These cars had been on the ground with broken windows for 40 years. They are very rusted away. I offered a hood for free and he did not take it due to condition. The last guy that wanted to buy one of the trucks woould not make and offer. Said it was mine and I should price it. Even thought he knocked on the door and asked if it was for sale. I would have sold it for a reasonable offer just to move it along. I should not have been surprised that I would get beat up on this board it is a tough crowd

2. No Clue...

No Clue...
    from Lusk, WY

Did you ask the neighbor if the family member went and got them, thinking it was ok?

That would have been the first place to start......BEFORE tossing yourself to the wolves.

:)

3. 51delivery

51delivery

I did not expect to get shreaded so bad. I could never prove anything so I just wanted to vent a little. Nothing good would come from calling someone a thief.

4. playtag

playtag

There is a local auctioneer who always starts his sale with "If you steal it,You never really own it!" Alot of truth to that statement.I prefer the walk softly carry a big stick.And beat the living H*** out of them! Sorry about your lose.