Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Another Stolen Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anthony myrick, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Sorry these pics are not very good
    911BA548-7ADE-4B7F-B481-029FB3BABC6B.png FC6B51C7-0D88-44D1-81B4-920D17FAB858.png
    Apparently this 51 Kaiser was stolen from Jasper Al
    The story is the owner died and someone stole the car
    Family planned to use the sale of the car to pay for funeral expenses

mgtstumpy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Happened to me when my dad died......I hate thieves. Hope the car turns up undamaged.

3. I don’t know these folks but the story was posted on our neighborhood news/ watch fb page
    The car is currently still listed in marketplace.
    Something sounds fishy

mgtstumpy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Maybe a family "claim" issue.

5. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

Just talked to an attorney/CPA regarding this topic today. Turns out if there might be family problems/dispute in the offing it is best to give vehicles/property away before passing. He says if a family member makes something disappear even if it is in a will the court is often not inclined to reverse it. Doesn't sound like that is the case in this situation, just outright theft when attention was elsewhere. Makes the loss even more unbearable.

6. And the thieves get damaged....

7. Haven’t heard what happened to the owner
    He was a younger guy.
    Other things were also stolen. Lots of thieves read the obituaries

8. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

somebody needs to be taken back in the woods....

dirty old man and classiccarjack like this.
  9. trollst

trollst

Thieves are nothing but scum, everywhere you turn these days, some body has a car stolen or is cheated on a scam, you can't make honest deals unless face to face. Even then, you gotta make the deal in front of the cop shop to see if the scammer shows.....what is this world coming to? You post an obit for the world to know and pay respects, who would think its an open door for thieves? Frustrates the shit out of me.

10. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

When my best friend died, several years ago, I went out to his house, kinda in the country and hauled his two motorcycles to my house for safekeeping. I kept them there till his Mom disposed of them, several years later. He was a well known and liked racer in my home town, and his death was widely publicized, so I knew the thieves also knew.

Bones

11. Thieves need to step into a deep well!

saltflats likes this.
  12. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I know where there are several..

saltflats and warhorseracing like this.
  13. Fuck thieves.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. I grew up in a small town, when my grand father passed someone went through the property while everyone in the neighborhood was at the service and stole a lot of stuff....
    When my dad passed we had a couple of military buddies sit on the house while we were at the funeral home.
    They had very specific instructions on what to do if anybody rolled up to the house.
    Thieves read obituaries and take advantage.
    Chappy.

bobss396 and warhorseracing like this.
  15. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Probably some Walker county dope heads. They will steal the quarters off a dead mans eyes.

16. Ebert

Ebert

Shitheads

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Deuces likes this.
  17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's such a hard car to unload or even the parts I'd be thinking disgruntled relative that either thought they were supposed to end up with it or thought that they were supposed to end up with something the gent had.
    If the Kaiser guys in that area are like the Kaiser guys in this area they all know each other and trying to sell the car or parts to one of them would draw attention real quick.
    Tweaker who thought he could make a buck on it one way or the other, always a possibility though.

18. I call it an inside job, someone thought they had a claim to the car perhaps. I've seen it happen in families before. It really is too unique a car to try to sell it as is.

19. Car was returned back to the owner.
    Probably family drama
    For sale now.

At least one missing ride made it back home

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    LAROKE and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  20. LAROKE

LAROKE

Thanx for posting. It's nice to see closure on threads like this.

TrailerTrashToo likes this.
  21. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

22. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

When my brother in laws dad died, thieves broke into his house on the day of the funeral and made off with guns, jewelry and home electronics. As if burying your dad wasn’t bad enough, they had to deal with that too. It takes a special kind of a-hole to prey on people in their time of need.

Karma has a way of catching up with losers like that...

anthony myrick likes this.
  23. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Glad it's back. The further I can stay away from this the better I feel. Unbelievable.

24. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Bad family blood, I suppose.

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wouldn't be the first time but I'd bet that it was more of a case of someone thinking it was owed to them or promised to them.
    I remember when My grandfather died in National City California in the early 60's and my dad who was driving a 57 Buick Roadmaster at the time had it serviced and came over to pick my uncles up for the trip as it was the most comfortable road car that anyone of the three had. He pulled up to my uncles and got out and a few minutes later my uncle pulled in behind him and blocked the Buick in saying that they were taking his Dodge Station wagon. Dad said that base line Dodge was uncomfortable all the way down and all the way back but My uncle's plan was to load up my grandfather's table saw and haul it back which he did. Dad was mad over that for years as he though it should have been sold and my grandmother get the money.