Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Another Stolen Car at the GNRS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DRD57, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

If someone stole my daily driver it would not be good, but I can go down to my local dealer and find one just like it to replace it. Not so with my hot rods. There is a history and a bond I have with any car I have built and it would really suck big time to lose one of them. My blood, sweat, tears, and saved up dollars have gone into each one.

Any person who considers them just a "stupid car" is either not a true car guy, or is devoid of any emotion. These cars become a member of the family for most of us.

Don

2. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

What I dont understand is why do you guys still stay at that hotel. I cant count how many cars have been Stolen from there parking lot over the years. At all of the Car Shows and thay dont give a Rats Ass.

3. Given that it seems like a car is stolen from the area around the Fairplex every year, this is the best advice. Start staying a hotel in a better area that will get less attention from the car thieves.

FWIW, LoJack is essentially worthless unless you live in SoCal, NY, SoFla, and a few other limited locations. Coverage is non-existent in the majority of the US.

Carrying a gun, either concealed or openly, won't do **** if the car is stolen while you're sleeping or otherwise away from it. How often are people getting car jacked while driving their hot rods?

4. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

That why I have a bench seat, Sleep in the car with the gun!...:D, but then again why would i need a hotel.....:confused:..... I guess for the wife and kid...

5. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Fucking Arnold!!......I knew he would pull some shit like this as soon as the movie companys made him Gov........LOL:D:D:D

6. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

Enough already with the fucking "not a real car guy" and part of the family bullshit.
    Thats why it was parked in a parking lot overnight?.... Not right infront of the room like at a motel where you can hear everything? Part of the family? That car was vulnerable in that parking lot like a child left at a play ground alone.

I dont take my eyes off my vulnerable family members. This was not a Ferrari Lusso, it was a fucking Nomad... There are two on my block alone! This thread is gay. The guy will get his insurance money and life will go on.

7. Well you ain't takin' the fuckin' thing to bed with you!

Gay? I'll tell you what's gay!

Go back to bed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.