Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Another Slick Devil's Gasser "Blew By You"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Steve and Mark became part of the Slick Devils last year. They both are great additions to the club. They are the owners operators of S&M AutoBody. Steve has a Chevy Truck that he built last year, some of you have seen it around. He raced it at the Jalopy Showdown Drags this past fall. They both are new to the traditional rod scene and we are doing our best to warp them! Steve loved the way my car ( Rebel Reaper) would launch and asked me to find him something to build as a gasser project. He wanted something to basically do the same things I do, run the wheels off and have fun. I knew a friend from PA was bringing a 56 Chevy to Thompson and would fit the bill.... This picture was taken at the Gasser Reunion last year. You can just make it out across the track in the Swap area....

Attached Files:

2. dannyego

dannyego

Geez Don, It was like where's waldo but I found it!

3. After the summer was over, Steve and Mark got busy on the old orange 56 gasser. Steve unfortunatly didnt take may pictures of the build. When we had some meeting nights at their shop we got some pics. Steve is registered on the hamb, but is still a lurker. Maybe he will do an intro and add some comments...Basically, this project started about 7 months ago with the goal of have it debut at Detroit in the basment. They cut the front of the frame off and put tubing in place. The axle is an econoline. The quarters needed replacing. A buddy helped with the cage. The rear end is a 9 inch ford by 9 inch Harry. Th400 with a brake and a injected small block chevy...Here it is in the mock up stage...

Attached Files:

4. Here are a couple more with the front and the cage....

Attached Files:

5. Meeting

Attached Files:

6. Here it is in primer outside for the first time in a while...notice the "Headers by Hank"

Attached Files:

7. wvenfield

wvenfield

So does the car have a known history?

8. Good luck with the build you "slick Devils".....I'm looking forward to seeing the finished beast. So Don.......no AMC motor for this 55....lol?

9. Here it is again outside with a flake roof and blew paint. The paint is actually called blue by you!

Attached Files:

10. Sorry.......56

11. haha, I couldn't convince him to run an amc in it, hahaha...no known history of the car. The glass front clip had some remnents of a lace paint job, but we don't think it was on this car.

12. Here it is in all blue. It needed a little more attitude so Stan made some riser blocks for it.

Attached Files:

13. 64krusty

64krusty

looks like you guys nailed the stance!
    this car looks killer

14. Jerome is lettering the car. He is airbrushing it. The name is silver and looks like it is machined turned.

Attached Files:

15. Here we are last night goofing around seeing what it will look like on the track!!! Steve or I will post more updates as they come!

Attached Files:

16. Spike!

Spike!

Jeez Don...do I need to buy more film?

Spike

17. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

im likin it,,, hell yea , thats gettin it done...........

18. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

19. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

WOW I saved the pic of Chuck working!!!

nice job on the car , I guess I better get to work!!

Dave

20. brentthebarber

brentthebarber
    from San Diego

what you guys thinking it's going to run on the track?

21. Looks Great! Love the shop wheelie shot!

22. nick_s

nick_s
    from Ohio

what kind of wussy puts an automatic in a Gasser? geez, you guys must be getting old or somthing..... ;)

23. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

Thats got a good look to it.

24. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

Wish I could have been there monday. Been covering cleveland and pittsburg because of our born again guy being in the dominican looking for jesus. Here all this time I thought he hid in prisons. go figure. Can't wait to see it in person next week

25. smautobody

smautobody

Hey everybody, thanks for the kind words....Hoping for the low 11's but really don't care. Just want the front end up when I leave....here is a couple shots of the new front frame....

Attached Files:

26. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

That is an amazing car! I like how far up the wheelwells are cut. They are perfect. The only thing I would have done is to put a different kind of lettering...It looks like it takes away from the car's good looks.My opinion means nothing...just my taste. Great car!

27. reichart90

reichart90

makin the trip with it the jalopy drags this year???????
    :D:D

28. SHRUM

SHRUM

This car has the perfect stance.

29. Large_911

Large_911

Man, that thing is killer! I bookmarked this thread...