Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Another Scammer Tom Reed-Allen Tx.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cowtown, Aug 16, 2017.

1. If your using a phone, you just touch the image on your screen, and the option for searching for that image comes up, or that's how it works on my cheap Android.
    Tap the option, and if it's on the net, it'll pop up.

2. It's three in the morning, I can't sleep, so I sent the parasite a nice email, that featured a little profanity. :D
    I'll see if I get a reply.

GasserTodd likes this.
  3. XXL__

XXL__

Another excellent tool... https://tineye.com

Upload any image and it will reverse-search for that image across the Internet. Easier to spot someone's "for sale" car or parts actually showing up on a project page like others have mentioned above.

4. This scammer is in Texas where handshakes are still considered contracts.
    If we can find dirtbags like him, he gets 30 days in the electric chair.
    Either that or we hang 'im with a new rope.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  5. AGREED !Thats the state the guy lived who try to scam me in to buying a motor and trans from him for my 56 Buick wagon. Bruce.

6. hardtimesainit

hardtimesainit

7. hardtimesainit

hardtimesainit

'handshake still considered contracts'
    How about verbal contract ? How do you guy feel about that idea..old fashion, out of date, non-existent
    What is the definition of a scammer anyway ?
    Can you be a scammer and also a HAMB member ?
    example: last week a member here contacted me and offered me two items for $1600. I asked for picture/info where to send payment. no bs, just straight forward, eh ? He never did send pics after twice stating to do so !
    Then he says that he is selling (right now)these items on his ebay business for more than twice $1600. !
    How do you experienced guys feel/deal with this type situation ? I told the guy what I thought of him. But, then I thought that at 73+ yrs, that maybe I expect too much of people these days ?
    Today, he's advertising the items here. Wonder how many other HAMBERS this guy does this way ?

8. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

9. Ya gotta do your homework before you lay out the cash. If it stinks, walk away. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

10. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Nice car and he's parting it out ha ha ha...I have a sale on ocean front property in az

11. coast40

coast40

Guys, these scammers are doing this from around the world. https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/beware-of-scammer.1037002/

12. I just had the same experience. A guy called Chris Berne [email protected] offered me a 1937 Lincoln Zephyr steering wheel, which I am looking for since a long time. He wanted the money to be sent via Money Gram (to his wife's name: Melissa Allen, 1900 Emily St. Metairie, Louisiana 70001 USA.), because his PayPal account has been hacked a while ago. The photo I was asking for actually was from a Hot Rod Network article about Dave York's 1932 Roadster. I asked Chris Berne if he purchased the Roadster from Dave and he confirmed. Fortunately I asked HAMBer Dirty Dug if his friend Dave has sold his car, which is not the case. Thanks to the HAMB, lesson learned, money saved and scammer uncovered. Is there a scammer black list on the HAMB?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    chryslerfan55 likes this.