Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Another scam?? from someone called ''hotrodnomader''

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by inthweedz, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

As far as I’m concerned any unsolicited contact is spam.
    Instead of assuming that we are all flathead guys and sending pms why not take the legitimate route and post an ad in the classifieds and then the guys who are interested will get in touch with you.

I like flatheads but have never owned one.

It’s kind of like the hawkers of goods when you are walking down the mall and they try to draw you in to sell their stuff.

Leave me the hell alone is my response. If I’m interested I’ll come over.

Your messages were spam.

uncle buck, WiredSpider and 6inarow like this.
  2. leon bee

leon bee

I took it as legit and politely declined. But it was spam........and I don't need that. I figured tax time is coming up and a little cash is needed- to that I can relate.

WiredSpider likes this.
  3. Fourdy

Fourdy

I justgot another email with this message - - - - "There is a post right now saying that I am a scam. I just wanted to send you a quick message saying that I am not a Scam. My account was not hacked. My offer for a deal on heads is legit."

Strange because no reply to my request for application and pricing.

Fourdy

WiredSpider likes this.
  4. 5window

5window

You're in West-by-God-Virginia. It will be there next week. :)

wvenfield likes this.
  5. 5window

5window

I am not a Crook!

WiredSpider and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. I got the PM as well. Thanks Cob, for checking into it. Glad he's legit, that's all well and good, but can you imagine what this would turn into if everyone looking to sell their stuff did this. Mass marketing, targeted marketing whatever you want to call it, it's SPAM. If everyone did this our inboxes would be flooded with offers that we may or may not be interested in. Please leave me out next time. Like others have mentioned, I haven't owned a Flathead in decades........Thanks.

dan31, mad mikey and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  7. I remember vividly a hamber was banned for sending out spam on a show his club was promoting,I pleaded his case with Ryan and realizing he was unaware he had crossed the line with his unwanted spam,he atoned for his transgressions and all was good.

I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time but the conversation feature is not designed to be a advertisement tool. HRP

8. Can I email everyone?
    I got a 32 Ford hood latch and plenty of authentic barn dust to sprinkle on anything you have for sale.
    Guaranteed to increase the value of everything

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ok. Not a scammer. Just a spammer. Done and done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.