Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another re-introduction - IL member

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by kxmotox247, Apr 7, 2005.

1. kxmotox247

kxmotox247

Hey guys...
    I did this once before but I just wanted to reintroduce myself again so you know a little more about who you are talking to.
    I'm Josh and I live just outside of Champaign, IL. I'm 28 and have been building street rods with my dad for as long as I can remember. I'm building a 33' cabriolet right now. Pops is finishing up a Rat's glass Speedstar and my brother is building a 34 4-door. We also have a 57 Chevy convertable and a 40' Ford Coupe in the stable waiting their turn. Other vehicles include a 67 Chevy short fleet with air-ride and a 68 Chevy long fleet factory 396.
    I like steel cars and I like glass cars. I've never been hung up on whether a car is "real" or not. The fun level is still the same.
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning some stuff from you guys. Thanks for the use of this resource.
    Josh

2. CptStickfigure

CptStickfigure
    from Urbana, IL

Cool! I was just wondering if there were any other Champaign HAMBers!
    How far out of town do you live?

(And welcome to the HAMB.)

3. kxmotox247

kxmotox247

I live about 8 miles west of town out in the country. I wonder if we know each other? Do you have a running car right now? Send me a PM with your name if you don't want to post it here.

4. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Welcome from another central IL Hamber.

5. kxmotox247

kxmotox247

Hey wildwilly... I was just over in your neck of the woods buying a firewall for my brother's 4-door. Seen a pretty mean Chevelle rolling through town. My brother is over there in school right now.

Thanks for the welcome.

6. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

yeah there's plenty 'o mullet rides here and not much else. I gotta go elsewhere to get my fix:D

7. kxmotox247

kxmotox247

It was a pretty clean looking car. Tubbed and had really nice grey paint.
    Lot's of "mullet" rides here too but we also have a pretty good street rod scene.

8. CptStickfigure

CptStickfigure
    from Urbana, IL

Doesn't sound familiar, and I don't have a running car at the moment.
    (Getting close though.)

Do you spend much time on the U of I campus?

9. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I hate speedstar's, but your truck is RAD.

10. Plowboy

Plowboy

I saw your truck rolling through Seymour one day when I was goofing off at Stallmeyer's. I think you used to live out at the farm by Savoy that Doug Stierwalt farmed didn't you? I remember talking to someone about a speedstar. I had my Old model A out there BSing with him one night. It is gone but you've probably seen my truck around town.

Come out to the ranch sometime. Andrew knows the rules though, bring beer, I will put you to work too!

11. kxmotox247

kxmotox247

Yeah...that was me. I had the red/orange big block 68 in the garage out there. Small world. What happened to the A? I always liked that car. Hadn't seen it since that night on the farm.
    Yep, I live on that main street in seymour, but my newer farm is about 1 mile south of town.
    What ranch is it you're talking about?

Django...I'm glad you like the speedstar. We built it for you to appreciate! Just teasing you back. Thanks for the compliment on the truch though. I'm building a 500 hp stroker motor for it right now.

12. kxmotox247

kxmotox247

plowboy.... do you know Joe Tennyson?

We were just talking about the truck you posted and some other vehicle. I seen em' both at frog follies last year.

13. Plowboy

Plowboy

The name sounds familiar but I can't place the face. If you were talking about the purple A coupe, he'll be over tomorrow night.

"ranch" is code for my house - I live in the country.

14. Django

Django
    from Chicago

If you make a trip to Plowboy's ranch, I hope you can squeal like pig. ;)

[​IMG]

15. 38pickup

38pickup

Welcome to the HAMB! Nice picture Django. :D

16. yngrodder

yngrodder

Welcome I'm over at plowboys often, Im from Taylorville. I'm sure Ill be running into you somewhere.

17. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

Welcome from Ct truck looks awesome nice job