Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Another project snowballs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyardjeff, Jan 17, 2018.

1. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I got my 55 sunliner slightly apart to do a front speaker upgrade and a amp install,since I am redoing the front kick panels I ordered vinyl so I am finally getting to replace the piece of vinyl under the rear cushion that I never reinstalled after installing the rear floors. The lower rear panels have that color I ordered on them and was shot and since I have material left over from the front seat they are being redone,well now the upper panels will look like crap and since I only have enough for the lowers it looks like time to order from SMS again and will get enough to redo the rear seat. I was wanting to redo the interior in my 37 Chevy p/u but it might have to wait until next winter.

Attached Files:

tb33anda3rd and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More like a light snow fall..you already weathered that resto....great pics

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I will probably end up redoing the door panels before its over since the rest of the interior will be new,I would just order them to speed up the process but I doubt they would match very good so while I am ordering material I think I am going to get enough to do them too but they will be done later.

4. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Got the panel covers sewn up,need to paint the bottom of the panels before they can go on.

Attached Files:

tb33anda3rd and scrap metal 48 like this.

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Who is doing the stitch work???

6. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

7. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

8. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I was hoping to redo the interior in my 37 Chevy p/u but it might have to wait until next winter.

9. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Your work look good.. Nice talent to have...

10. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I need more room to do it in,I am starting to work in the basement and can not do large seats or whole cars for others.

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Lower rear panels done and will be on the car tomorrow,first project done on my sewing table even though I built it a few years ago.

Attached Files:

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  12. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Looks mighty good Jeff!

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Going to order the material for the upper panels and rear seat and door panels next week,going to have about 370 dollars in the material I will be ordering and the material I ordered for the kick panels and I had the material in stock for the lower rear panels. The complete door panel set was about 800 dollars 4 years ago and I will have less then that in materials for the complete interior.

14. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

The lower panels are in and this is as far as I can go until I order more material,I have to get some dental work done so money is going to be tight and might have to put it back togather and do it another time.

Attached Files:

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  15. belair

belair

Don't forget to rebuild the window cranks and all while you have the door panels off if this really is going to be a snowball. I envy your interior skills.

16. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wowzers , I always wanted to do upholstery , guess I could..my mom was a seamstress...sewing to make a living , noble effort on your part...love the color combo..