Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Ozzie Build

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by BS!, Mar 13, 2019.

1. bobw

bobw

You're building a Hambster you can be proud of. Very well thought out design.

BS! likes this.
  2. spanners

spanners

With your fly in -fly out are you going to have the car ready for Willowbank Nostalgias next year, probably April? I've had to let my IHRA licence lapse. It is due on the 31st October and if I do it now with the Australian/ American dollar exchange rate plus overseas credit card charge it will cost Aud $250-300 for a Super street licence. In contrast, the ANDRA super street was $144.

3. BS!

BS!

Should have it done by Xmas (famous last words) as I have a couple of weeks off. Fingers crossed the April event will align with my r and r. If not I'll have to see what date it falls and see what juggling I can do with my back to back.

The whole andra and ihra thing is a joke. When I had the roll cage dramas, after speaking to steve and jeff I was so close to not bothering with racing at those tracks and leaving the cage as is. Bloody expensive for a sportsman class licence.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Crosley and Black Knight Racing like this.
  4. BS!

BS!

Belated Xmas wishes all!

Just a quick update. While mucking around with my 5yo son on his trampoline last r and r I badly reinjured an old footy injury (aussie rules, I am a sandgroper by birth afterall). Its been a curse and a blessing in disguise becuase while the recovery and physio/rehab has sucked the injury itself has stopped me from persuing other physical activities that usually distract me from finishing building this bloody car!

I've had family staying doing the Xmas thing up until boxing day and now that is out of the way I've been able to spend a bit of time each day since reassembling the car. I'm down to a throttle assembly to go in the parts pile so getting closer!

To top it off the weather has been quiet mild for this time of year. Its usually stinking hot hot and very humid which is not great for time in a tin shed so overall cannot complain.

Anyway, I hope everyone has an enjoyable and safe holiday. Stay tuned for a proper detailed update with pics soon.

Crosley likes this.
  5. spanners

spanners

Keep tacking way at it. Willowbank Nostalgias are one week before Kooralbyn in February. Reckon you'll make it?

Crosley likes this.
  6. BS!

BS!

My roster doesn't line up with either event so I'm tossing up what to do but yes I think it will be done prior.

Crosley likes this.
  7. BS!

BS!

Well back to work and my offsider has asked if I can swap shifts the week of Kooralbyn so it looks like I'm in!!! Now to finish this bloody thing. Nothing like a paid up entry fee to get you motivated. The next two r and r's will be busy.

Are you coming up? I know Brian from the Goldie who just finished his car is racing.

8. spanners

spanners

I've already entered but something has cropped up that might interfere with it. It might require finish racing, pack up and overnight it 10 hours home. It's doable, 40 years of truck driving prepares you for it.
    Get your finger out and get it done. Looking forward

BS! likes this.