Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another one converted to the dark side

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by surfacedoctor, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Had a visit from a freind I haven't seen in years. He owns a very $usessful buisness in town. He brought his 10 year old son with him. I just finished changing oil on my 49 plymouth (black primer, nosed, decked, www tires, nothing special). His son said it was the coolest thing he had ever seen. So I offered to take them to Dariy Queen for ice cream. Its been a long time since I've seen a smile so big last so long. Now he wants me to paint his soap box derby car flat black. Just got a warm fuzzy feeling from today and thought I'd share it with you.

2. fatcaddi

fatcaddi

3. skyrodder

skyrodder

now thats a cool feeling

4. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Oh great, that all we need is another young hot rod hoodlum carrying the gospel of traditional hot rod and customs world wide. ... ha, Ha, good going Doc.[​IMG]

5. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

BWAH-HAHAHAHA!

Well Done! We need all the young guns we can convert.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  6. Bodacious

Bodacious

Whew, I thought you were going to tell us of a nice old car that had been rebuilt as a billet-laden turd. :D Great story!

7. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

yep hes ruined now

8. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

I think you can paint a soapbox car black primer and still be cool. Just don't paint the wheels red. Or maybe red wheels as long as they don't have whitewalls I think.

9. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

thats a great feeling knowing youre helping keep hot rodding alive in the next generation

10. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Great story. My 9 yr old son loves cruising with me in my 64 Acadian wagon (a Canadian Nova). He can sit in the front seat (no air bag, not like the family car) window down with his elbow out the window. Most time he doesn't want the music on so he can hear the engine and exhaust noise. He says he will inherit the car from me, and I beleave it...