Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Old New Guy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by NOBILLETA, Apr 28, 2005.

1. NOBILLETA

NOBILLETA

HELLO ALL, I am a 56 year old speed junkie. Most of my history is in short track modified racing, starting with helping my dad with his cars in the mid fifties when flathead fords were so dominant that they ran special non Ford classes, until about 1985 when it became so painfully expensive to build the cars that the fun seemed to go out of it. I always wanted to build a coupe for the road, but never seemed to get around to it. A couple of years ago I started to see some traditional rods popping up at the billet shows, and the more of them I saw the more hooked I became, so about a year ago I began gathering parts for my build, a 31 model A, Ford flattie powered 5 window coupe. The car sits on a P&J "A" rails with a 4" kick and spring behind 46 banjo in the rear and 4" dropped beam axle up front with split bones front and rear.
    I plan to keep everything as much mid 50's as I can, but will prabably make a few concessions because I'm getting lazy in my later years. I am usually more of a lurker, but will post if I feel that I can truly contribute. i have already gained a good bit of valuable information just by listening in here, and I thank you all for that.

2. CathyH

CathyH

Welcome to the HAMB from Oklahoma! CH

3. coupe5w36

coupe5w36

G'day & welcome from Australia. I like the sound of a flattie powered A, hope the project goes well for you. Cheers.