Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another newbie....

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by thrashingcows, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Hello all,

I'm a died in the wool car guy, been into old cars since I was 11 years old thanks to my grandfather and his backyard shop, I'm 34 now. I love pretty much all makes and models but I lean towards the mopars.

I came across this site from the January edition of Hot Rod Deluxe. I have had a subscription to hot rod for a few years now and I love the old hot rods, especially the ones showing bumps, bruises and battle scars...gives them more personality. IMO;)

But anyway I don't have a rod yet, maybe one day with a bigger house and garage, but right now I have a 68 Chrysler T/C wagon.

Hope to spend some time here learning about the more traditional hot rods and all the neat old school engines, trannies and so on and so forth....Cheers..:D

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thrashingcows. Thrashingcows...???

What's that got to do with hot rods and trad cars...couldn't you have come up with some other user name...??? Otherwise I fail to see a connection, I think I need an explanation about that name here...

And what is a "state or denial"...??? Proofread...proofread...everything...twice...!!!

BTW, welcome...

R-

3. Wow... no sense of humor??:confused:

Guess I missed the rules that stated I "HAD" to have a old car related name...I've been using "Thrashingcows" as my screen name on message boards since I started up with on-line communities...and I aint changing now...:rolleyes:

And "State of Denial" well that's me just being silly.:p

4. Hey, man, you following me in cyberspace?! LOL!

This is a pretty good place to hang out! Took me a while to get used to some of the rather bizarre senses of humor around here, but it's all good. Welcome!!! Always good to have another Mopar guy around!

"Thrashingcows" is one of the coolest nics I've seen yet, BTW!

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yeah, I got a sense of humor...and there ain't no rules that said you had to have a car related name...I just thought it strange a "car guy" would have a name with cows in it...I asked for an explanation...I got it:

Ahhhhh, but it didn't state "state OF denial"...it stated "or", still does ...and that's why I said "proofread...!!!

R-

6. You are correct...I should have proof read....Doooh!!!:( I'll go back and change that now.;)

Sorry about jumping on you there....:eek:

Thanks for the Welcome....:)

7. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas.
    Having fun? So soon?
    Good Luck.

Lucky667

8. Thanks Patrick66...Guess we have a lot of the same tastes in cars and sites....I see you have a friggin Terraplane....:eek:...That is one of my all time dream cars!!!!:D