Register now to get rid of these ads!

another newbie from the uk..

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by longrooftim, Jun 16, 2010.

1. longrooftim

longrooftim
    from England

Hey everybody, I'm Tim & as you may of guessed from my handle, my current ride is a wagon, a 59 ford country sedan. Normally i would of put daily, but I'm affraid she's in dry dock at the moment, due to a snapped half shaft & terminal tinworm!! Did patch her up at the time with a cortina half shaft, to get her home, courtesy of an ingenious mate, who was part of my rescue squad.. But now that I've fixed the axle, having found the wheel that sheered off, brake drum intact... I've discovered major rot in all the body mounts, inner & outer rockers & inner & outer rear quarters... Despite dedicating every w/end to fabricating & welding, it's gonna be a fair while till she's MOT'd & back on the road...
    My first car was a 53 ford pop when I was 15. Which I grudgingly sold to buy a 66 ford anglia wagon as my first road legal ride at 17. Then I moved onto a 66 hillman minx, totally stock!!! Then a succession of late model ford wagons, whilst saving up for my present ride... and thats me... You won't hear too much from me, as I'm a complete technophobe, he says, dictating this to his girlfriend to type, as we live out of town & have only just gone Online! As for uploading any pic's gonna have to get a fellow Hamber & very patient mate to help me.. Cheers in advance Rottenpop! So Hi all & bye for now.

2. Hi Tim,
    Is your longroof white and blue?? If it is the one I think it is you may know my son Paul from Gedney, also a mate of said Mr Rottenpop!! Anyway Welcome from the Highlands!!
    Charlie!!

3. Hello mate. Welcome on board.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you tomorrow...

4. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Arkansas City, KS.
    firstnomad

5. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Sweet looking long roof. well worth the work to get back on the road.

Welcome to the Hamb

6. Hi Tim,welcome to the HAMB and the WWW!

I hope you get all the 'tinworms' rounded up...... Good luck!

7. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Hi Tim and welcome!Love the wagon.
    Mark.

8. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Welcome from Finland