Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Newbie - '51 Tudor

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by slammy, Aug 23, 2005.

1. slammy

slammy

Hey gang. I'm new to the forum and new to rods & sleds. I have begun work in earnest on my first (real) car, a '51 Ford Tudor. My plan is to get it kool and reliable, so I can DRIVE IT! I hope to gather ideas and inspiration from each of you. Thanks in advance for making my project possible!

2. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

welcome.. where ya hiding that car?

BTW, car clubs are formed, not joined!

3. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

Welcome.

You CAN join clubs. Dont listen to the guy above me.
    Whats your name? How old are you? There are a few poeple from the area on here.

Travis

4. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

Welcome to the HAMB

5. slammy

slammy

Right now, its in the Garage (and the car that cost me 5x as much is outside. Priorities).

Re the club, fine. Let's make one. Makes no difference to me.

6. slammy

slammy

Hi Travis. Thanks for the welcome. My name is Sam, I'm 31. I'm majoring in . . . oh, wrong forum.

Jokes aside, as I mentioned above, I don't care if I find a good group of guys who let me in thier club, or if I make my own. I am just interested in hanging out and rappin' about cars, helpin' a bro out with a project and learning a thing or two. I also have what I think is a good idea for a local event, and having crtical mass of a club would help move it forward.

Thanks again for your reply.

7. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

Just sit back and relax it will all work out.

What are your plans for your car? motor, trans, body?

Go to the HAMB bbq next month. There is a post about it and im sure you will be able to talk plenty about cars there.

How about some pictures of the car?

8. slammy

slammy

Couldn't find anything in the General forum or on the calendar for the HAMB bbq. Hit me back if you have the info. Otherwise, Primer Nats.

As for the '51: 350/350 (done) w/ Gennie Shifter (26" & custom knob);(coming soon); full dual w/ glass packs & lake pipes (not yet hooked up). Body: nosed/decked (done), shaved emblems & chrome spears w/ 49 taillights (done) and solenoid truck release (almost done). Will shave door handles, but my doors are so screwed up right now, I can't do it. Other plans: 53 Chevy grille (fully molded w/ 4 extra teeth), frenched head & tail lights, 78-ish Camaro or Monte clip & airbags. Most of that is 12+ months out. Right now, I need to get rid of some rot on the body, smooth out some bondo and lay down some primer so I can drive it again.

9. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

I put the bbq back to the top for ya.

10. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome to the HAMB.

11. slammy

slammy

Thanks a bunch. I feel stupid askin', but top of where?