Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another new lady

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by buickbabe, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Hello to all! I'm not very good with these but here ya go. I've been looking around on the HAMB for a while and finally decided to become a member. My dad got me into old cars, he was always pointing them out to me when I was a kid. I've always liked figuring out how things work, taking them apart and putting them back together. I love welding and working with metal. I love to sew and am learning upholstry. I have a 57 buick special as my daily driver. I love my buick, it still needs work, but over the few years I've had it I've learned so much from working on it. :)

2. welcome to the HAMB, doll. That Buick looks sweet. Your father wouldn't happen to be Hank Young would it? Kidding. He's only like 10-11 yrs older than you. I see you both live in the same town.

3. Antibilly

Antibilly

Welcom aboard and HEY Im from M GA originally

4. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Welcome to the HAMB. :D Sparky

5. Thanks for the welcome everyone!

That would be nice if Hank Young was my dad, I would know alot more about motorcycles and metalwork. His work is amazing. I don't live too far from his shop. Nice El Camino, the 59's are one of my favorite cars.

6. Thank you. Glad you like it. I like the Buicks too. I was offered a 53 hardtop for the Elky a couple months ago. It took me awhile to think it over, but I finally decided to keep it. I can't let go of her!

7. Welcome from a fellow car gal...

One day I'll have a 57 Buick, it's on my list of dream cars...

Stacey

8. marq

marq

that buick is the nuts ...............oh and welcome to the hamb

9. Big D

Big D

Welcome to the H.A.M.B., nice ride.

10. CathyH

CathyH

Welcome aboard from Oklahoma!

11. So where were you last weekend????
    we had a atl hamb gathering???

O yah, welcome

12. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

Welcome the board from Ct Had a 58 super more door but it went to Poland they wanted it more than I did

13. coupe5w36

coupe5w36

Welcome from Australia. What a great car to have as a daily. Hope your upholstery works out, must be very satisfying work. Cheers.

14. Thanks for the welcome! I didn't see that post until after it had happened. I think I have met you and your girlfriend a few times. There's probablly not many people in Atlanta with a 54 chevy from Milwaukee.

15. That's weird my brother lives in Marietta, and used to live in Orlando.... hmmm, seems funny...:rolleyes: I've never seen you two together in the same room.:eek:

16. Ms. Metal

Ms. Metal

HaHaHa, I found you again. Welcome to the Hamb! This little lady sure knows her way around a car and a welder. Also, she is going to be my new assistant at Ms. Metal headquarters!!! In the next few months things should really start taking off with new products and stuff.

17. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Can't get a much better recommendation by association IMO. Welcome aboard.

18. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

I love your Buick....is that wrong?

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Just curious as to where you picked up the '57, it sure does look like my old car... You didn't happen to buy it from one of the Vendetta's did ya?

And welcome...

20. I bought it from my ex in Santa Cruz, CA about five years ago. It used to be flat mellow yellow on top. I saw that buick you are talking about at Heavy Rebel last year with the brass knuckles hood ornament, someone else thought that was my car too, but it's not the same one. I gotta paint it again.

Thanks for the welcome too.

21. MrEarl

MrEarl

BuickBabe

Don't guess I've been here long enough to welcome you as I just joined up after lurking for a year or more mywelf. I'll just say glad to meet ya and hope to see ya someday as I live just down the road in Athens. I have a few 54 Roadmasters that would love to go cruisin with your 57. Oh yeaaaa
    Did you happen to make the show Satday in Maretta. lots of GTO's and Olds and a few 49 Cadillacs.
    Heres my first post in case ya missed it. Uhmmm I notice you got a few more welcomes than me. Wonder why that is. :)

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52938

22. inkstained74

inkstained74

Welcome from an ex-Atlantian and a fellow Buick lover. That was my 57 at Heavy Rebel with the Brass Knuckles hood ornament. It has since been sold and replaced with a 55 Buick Century.

23. Thanks for the Welcome! I liked your 57, the brass knuckles were a nice touch.
    I've been asked a few times if it is mine. Glad to meet another buick lover.

24. Welcome to the hamb. really kewl group here, I have not been member long.
    Jamie(metalflaked60) my son and I are trying to have a weekend gatheriing with some dragracing in July, come on down.

25. Blaze

Blaze

Welcome BB from another Ga. Noobie...I missed the Atl. Meeting post too, but maybe the next one, eh?