Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another new guy from Illinois

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 50John, Jul 1, 2005.

1. 50John

50John
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for letting me join your group. I have been drawn to your web site for a few years now. I can look through the classifieds for hours. I must be sick. I don’t know why it took me so long to join. I have a 1950 Chevy that I have had since the mid 70’s. It was my first car. I have always run the old 6’s in it and am currently running a 261 with a couple 97’s. Cosmetically the car needs to be redone from the ground up but mechanically it is pretty good so I am having trouble convincing myself to take it down for an extended period. Need to get some other projects finished first. Over the past few years I have been removing some of my earlier sins from the 50 (Centerlines, braided hoses, etc.) to make it look more traditional. One of these years I would like to get/build something earlier, chopped, channeled and without fenders. Maybe a 30’s Chevy PU. I have included a couple pictures of the 50 Chev. Thanks again for such a great web site.

Attached Files:

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Welcome John:

I'm just south of you a few miles, in South Chicago Heights. Neat car. Stu

3. That's one truly lovely 50 you have there. Wish mine was half as good. I'd toyd with doing the wheels in black - looks right on your car. Hmmmm.
    Over here, I only have about one other car to reference whilst I put right all the harm visited upon her by previous owners and he's a few hundred miles away.
    Welcome to the HAMB, you've already been more than useful answering my post 'bout fender skirts!
    Now, about this 235 I'm building...

4. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Welcome aboard! I grew up in Lansing... having recently relocated to DeMotte...

There are a few HAMBers in your area... Highland and Hammond. We ought to meet up at the Lansing cruise (on the 30th) Maybe have a local HAMB meet and greet.

Really cool 50, by the way!

Mike

5. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

HEy. Welcome. Hope to see you at the Hunnert.

6. Welcome John!!!

Oldcarmike here in Aurora, home of nothing you've ever heard of....

Good to see some local HAMBers here. Sweet Chevy you got there. Hope to run into you sometime around. Good to see you're still running the 6. Nothing sounds like they do. I keep tripping over the '58 235 in the garage....

Keep rolling!

FREE!!! Heck, that's my favorite brand...

7. Welcome John! Nice Chevy, way to go.

Cal City is in my old stomping grounds when I striped fulltime. I hung around Raceway Park and did alot of work for Ron's Service in the old days.

Stick around!

Joel

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Welcome aboard.

the Voodoo Eyeball is this weekend in Itasca, IL.

9. silent rick

silent rick

welcome from across the border, err, stateline. we'll look for you at the lansing cruise night. did you ever have your car up at miami subs? it looks familiar.

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

great car! welcome!