Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another new guy checking in

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by David C, Feb 17, 2005.

1. David C

David C

Hi everyone. I've been a gearhead my whole life and am motorvated by almost anything with 2-4 wheels and more power than necessary. Hopefully the pic of my Olds will show up in the attachment. I used to see this car around the city I live in when I was a kid in the early 70's and even at my tender age I had lust in my heart for it. The original owner took it off the road in 73 at 61,000 miles and it sat in a garage until his son sold it in 93. The next owner started to restore it but didn't get far and it sat until early 99 when I bought it. Almost like a childhood dream come true! It is a work in progress, still needs the bumpers done and some interior work, but used almost daily when the roads aren't covered with slush and salt.

2. deluxester

deluxester

Looks good! Welcome.

3. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Nice Olds. Welcome from a new guy in Illinois.

4. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

Welcome,very clean car,:D I like!

5. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Welcome to the board, David. Neat ride! Living in upstate N Y, I know all about salt & slush too:( :mad: ....F.F.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I LOVE that car, well except for the top color BUT the rest is awesome. A '61 huh?? What color is the body???:D

Welcome to the HAMB

7. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Nice car! It's cool to get a car that has history, especially to you......welcome

8. David C

David C

The body is 04 honda silver mist which is very close to the original color but more metallic and the burgundy top is the original color. Although this color combo is common now there were not many built in 61. What I like best is that I will probly never see another exactly like it. I need a rocker panel molding for the passenger side if anyone has or knows of one.