Register now to get rid of these ads!

another muffler question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 26Troadster, Aug 29, 2012.

1. 26Troadster

26Troadster

i'm wanting a old set of thrush tin can mufflers. they don't make them anymore. what about the early 60's ford resonators? seems like where like a straight through muffler, the ones i remember looked like the tin can mufflers.

2. I used resonators on all my stock cars for years just to be compliant with the tech inspectors. They did a decent job. I would give them a shot.

Bob

3. F&J

F&J

I found NOS thrush types at an old parts warehouse that sells antique auto parts. I happened to be in his stash of hotrod mufflers when I was looking for non-see-through bullet shaped muffles, which he did have. I believe he said any muffler in that pile was $35 each.

He does mail orders, but as I was not looking for matching pairs of thrush can style, I don't know if he has a matching pair in your size. I can PM you his ph number if you can't find any.

4. fxcomet

fxcomet

Last time I checked, they still made the "Cherry Bomb". Essentially the same thing, fiberglass packed, straight through design.

5. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Resonators are awesome as mufflers and sound great and loud enough om my cars.