Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another model a project from downunder new zealand

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dylan499, Aug 24, 2012.

1. hey guys
    my dad and i are building a car together and it started tonight this is my forst car i am building from scratch and should be fun using a 32 frame and 30 model a coupe body. i have a 41 merc flatty with alloy heads and triples and thats what we started doing tonight getting it into place so we can start building some engine and gearbox mounts i will try get some pictures up as we go.
    should have the front end in before the end of the weekend
    cheers dylan
    [​IMG]

2. Lil32

Lil32

good luck with the build, from Lil32 across the creek

3. Good one Dylan,looking forward to following this.You'll have time between milking mate!

4. brady1929

brady1929

good luck, looks great

5. Cheers ill post pics after we mount front end

6. wallyringo

wallyringo

sounds like what I want to do also, good luck. Did you do anything to the engine?

7. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great start, have you decided on the rest of the drive train yet?

8. The motor is pretty well stock just with some Repo edelbrock heads and triple carb manifold im using 40 ford front end and rear end with split wishbones have a 3 speed and coloum change also a 40 ford coloum
    Cheers

9. Sat the front end under this chassis tonight will set up the quick change with the diff we are using this weekend and sit that in there ready to mount up all we need to fit front end is some new perch bolts and different spring as the 40 ford ones sit in front of the i beam.

10. dad-bud

dad-bud

Cool - looking forward to the build - need some pics though.
    Subscribed.

11. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't believe I missed this one, that is a sweet little mill in that thing!
    looks like you are putting together a very nice pickup, both of them are nice!

Doc.

12. front end sitting in there with dummie wheels waiting on spring got perch bolts today etc and rear end sitting in the back need to make some new shock mounts and also got split wishbone kit today so progress is going well as soon as the diff is mounted we will take it out and set up the quickchange wooooohooooo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    playing with the camera caddy and a flatty cant get much better than that huh??

13. kiwiandy

kiwiandy

Nice work. Looking forward to more pics.

Andy

14. This is gonna be cool Dylan,cool looking flattie...

15. bigvinny

bigvinny

Good looking Mill. Great start!

16. Looks like all the right stuff, going to cool!! I saw your pickup at the swap, very cool also and will keep an eye on this build. :)

17. Cheers mate will post more pictures as we go. Got the weekend off finally after going hard for 6 weeks straight so should get some shed time this weekend

18. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374982119.573484.jpg
    Body arrives in the country tomorrow which we brought off a hamber in las vegas neat guy with a cool caddy speed parts collection, we did however manage to get a manifold valve covers and this body off him.
    Body isnt in to bad nic chop has been started and is unfinished as you can see we have all the original chopped out bits so can decided on how much we want in there

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!