The '31 needed a haircut. I've known it needed to happen, but have been hesitant to actually do it. Well, last weekend the club got together along with Riley and Mike from Rockets Hot Rod Shop and we did the deed. The car rolled into the shop at about 5pm Friday night and was ready to go by 6am Sunday morning. We worked till 3am Friday night and then from 9am Saturday straight through till 6am Sunday. The only thing left to do is clean up the quarter and windshield moldings, cut down the new wood pieces around the quarter and back windows, and slap some paint on her. Its amazing what 3 inches will do. (oh wait.....that's what she said) Here's a before shot. She didn't look too bad from the side, but when you looked at her from behind it just wasn't right. We rolled her in the shop and got to business. First we welded in 1" square tubing for bracing in all directions. Using a 3 inch piece of poster board, we taped off the area that would be removed and then painted it in white. After reading an article in Rod and Custom we decided to try a staggered cut on the sail panels. According to the article, it helps with fit and structure. After it was all said and done I think we all agreed it really just meant more welding and finishing work, but it turned out nice. Here she is, marked and ready for the hackin' to begin. After CAREFULLY cutting along the lines with a small cutoff wheel I have a roadster! Wow, that picture really messes with the eyes.... But only for a minute. The first look at what will be...... Even though we were as careful as possible, the fit still needs work before it can be welded. This is where the fun begins. It took about 10 times of "lift the top off.....file.....set it back on to check for fit......repeat."