Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Another look at the Nash Metropolitan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill McGuire, Feb 5, 2013.

1. jreeder41

jreeder41

The MOCNA club National Metro Club is having a national meet in Lincoln,Nebraska next week from the 22-24. We are flying out,if anybody is nearby stop in. They usually 30-50 cars.

2. jreeder41

jreeder41

I'll try again on the date 20-22.

3. Metro59

Metro59
    from Joplin, MO

I called Brad Swiggart yesterday, MOCNA president, show organizer, and he has 100 cars pre-registered. He is so glad you guys are showing up. He said he wants everyone to come away saying "this was a good show" and has "something for everyone". He has events from Weds evening to Sunday, so there need not be a dull moment. Show and Shinne at Culver's Friday, Meet on Sat., banquet Sat nite, car show in Lincoln Sunday - lots of places to see in Lincoln. His enthusiasm is great. Vendors will be inside, perhaps some swap tables.
    I am looking forward to it, to meet others Metters and to show this car, which is newly finished. It falls under the "modified" category. Not a show winner yet, but hopefully interesting in its custom paint, interior and modifications.
    I am partial to a strong running 4 cyl, 5-spd, disc brakes and a good suspension and staying light as possible in this little car.
    If I did it again, I would go Mustang II front end, GM VorTec 4 and transmission from Saturn Sky (Pontiac Solstice) Redline edition, and bucket seats. But mine was on a shoestring budget. I bought a '80 Corolla for $500 and transplanted all the go, stop, and turn stuff. And it DOES go, stop and turn. 2240# all fueled up. Bucket of fun.
    [​IMG]

exterminator likes this.
  4. jreeder41

jreeder41

Awesome Metro59! Make sure you stop and say hello. We will have a couple tables set up with parts for sale and we are doing a seminar one evening. I think Friday night. I hope to be able to go along on some of the day trips. It will just depend on how busy we are and if I can catch a ride with someone!! I'm Jon Reeder and my dad will be with also, Paul Reeder

5. jrstockwagon

jrstockwagon

here is where im at on mine. all stripped down, waiting to go to the shop and get its new chassis. i spent today messing with it trying to find what ride height i want.

Attached Files:

6. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

Like a Smart car only with class and style. Pretty cool considering that we live in a time period where expensive luxury cars don't even have class or style.

7. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

just picked up this one for my oldest daughter. 5 1/2 years to finish it :)

it's met #4 in my extended family--2 original, 1 ground pounder v-5 hot rod exact build here TBD.

Attached Files:

8. Excellent. She looks very proud!

9. jreeder41

jreeder41

10. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

this thing is AWESOME