Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Introduction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ant B., Dec 29, 2003.

1. Ant B.

Ant B.

Seeing as my buddy johnnygringo did his intro I figure I should do one too. My name is Ant Lockyer from London, England. I have been lurking here for about a year or so. I dont currently own a hot rod and never have, but am in the planning stages of what is going to be a great financial and time outlay on my part.

I currently race a 12 second VW bug and am completing my new VW race car that with a bit of luck will run at least a second quicker over the 1/4 mile.

I am also building a Triumph based motorcycle (which has a long way to go).

Some other related passions of mine are building model cars and I do quite a bit of pinstriping and custom paint work for people at car shows.

Anyway thats me, I apologise for the VW part [​IMG]

2. Ant B.

Ant B.

Here is a pic of my bike. Done a few bits since the picture was taken.

[​IMG]

My plans for a rod are going like this.

It's gotta be cheap [​IMG]
    As I have a clean licence and wanna keep it that way it will have fenders
    As it rains all the time it has to have a roof.

I really like the look of model A's, there is a company here in the UK that makes nice closed cab pickups for not a lot of money at all, so that may be the way I'll go.

3. Ant,
    I think a 12 second bug is a hotrod of sorts. Hell, in the 60s there were a lot of V-dub based rods on this side of the pond.
    The turnep don't look half bad, a good start.
    NOW, better get started on the A-Bone, they look pretty good with bike fenders, just a thought.
    Welcome, hang out and learn (or teach?).
    The PknBner [​IMG]

4. Ant B.

Ant B.

I remember someone getting slammed on here for a VW post once, hence me being careful [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this will run 11's without Nitrous

5. Mojo_AL

Mojo_AL

If anyone tries to slam you for driving a VW, let them whine. You can't beat a VW in the fun per dollar department (fun per pound in your case, I guess). My first car was a open headers, fiberglass Dune buggy. I loved it and wish I still had it.

I think your car is cool. Anyone making a VW go fast has my respect! I'd love to know what you did to your car to make it turn 11's

BTW. I now own a Triumph bike. Your bike is on a nice start.

Attached Files:

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Hey Ant...yeah, getting slammed for a VW can happen here...they just don't seem to fall into the "traditional hot rod" area...and that's what this board is about...
    FWIW, welcome to another Brit...stick around...you mite find that new hot rod around here (or at least parts of it) and have it shipped over there.
    R-

7. Ant,Welcome,, But I don't think the VW thing is gonna be well recieved,,,your bike is looking good and if your leaning towards a model A project ...thats cool,,plan,ask questions,join in on the fun........ [​IMG] HRP

8. Welcome Ant - I think you,ll find that project if you hang around this bad company........ [​IMG]

9. rosie55

rosie55

welcome , much info in these pages. As for the project I must run into 2-3 of um daily and wish I could buy them all

10. Ant B.

Ant B.

Thanks guys I figured with this being a hot rod board the VW's wouldn't go down too well.

The black bug has a 2443cc full race motor that I'm working with at the moment to keep it cool on the street. There are a couple of guys running 9 second street cars and thats where I want to be with that. Once I can drive it for more than 10 minutes on the street I'll turn the gas on and see where we go [​IMG]

As for the project, I just missed out on a model A frame which was quite nice and cheap. I've been thinking about it for so long I can wait a bit longer.

Check this site out, they do some interesting stuff (and some very fugly stuff as well).

www.dooster.co.uk

11. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Sorry it took so long, Welcome aboard from the 27kid.

12. My 2nd, 3rd and 4th cars were VW bugs. If it wasn't for them I don't think I'd be building some old tin today. Remind me of a Rat Rod too, cheap and fun. [​IMG]

Welcome!

13. dixiedog

dixiedog

here is pic of my Thing - the project that never finished
    thing pic

14. johnnygringo

johnnygringo
    from Nashville

bout time you did a formal dude...cheers

and for anybody that wants to see what Ant loooked like after stayin in hillbilly country on holiday with me just check this out... [​IMG]

[​IMG]