Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another "I'm gonna fix them up" Thread. - Lots-0-pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CARtoons Magazine, Oct 5, 2011.

1. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

If some of you read my post about my first pick, I had another story that happened the same day, but wanted to save it for another thread. The only reason I found the ol man where I picked from is cause I was looking for a property with a lot of ol trucks. Had a friend with me whole witnessed this property and he was leading me to the location. About a 1/2 mile from my pick on the same road, we found the location and pulled in. (On a side not, for some reason, my 50 chevy pickup seems to be the perfect ice breaker when pulling up in these strangers driveways.) I ended up knocking on the door to found out what was the deal with the ol truck collection. An ol lady can to the door and had mentioned that it was her sons. He works out of town and everytime he comes home, he brings back another vehicle. She mentioned that at least 2 people a week stop and ask, but her son won't sell nothing. He plans to fix up everyone she says (typical), but told me to come back cause you never know. Still planning to of course. So I asked her if I could look around and she said no problem. Good thing my phone has a camera cause I went snap crazy. So here are the pics and hope'n to get details on the hauler cause you had to be high roller to own one of those. Maybe famous owned?? Anyways, enjoy the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I call dibs on the ford hauler!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. you might buy but Its not gonna be cheap.

5. pumpman

pumpman

And I thought I was bad! This totally freaking insane!!!!!!!

6. These pictures make my heart go pitter-patter!!

7. jipp

jipp

yeah thanks for the pictures so many projects.. so little money.. id probably go with the firebird just cause it looks complete already :D

chris.

8. screwball

screwball

what part of Ontario are they from? No im not looking

9. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

Please don't lie to me, just say they aren't for sale. you can be nice about it, but don't insult my intelligence that you're going to fix them up one day.

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

Most of them look too clean to have spent their whole lives in Ontario lol!

11. firingorder1

firingorder1

All things are generational. The generation that knows what they are and loves them is dwindling. Before too much longer the metric generation will take over and all those cars that are being hoarded will be looked on as so much junk and nothing else.

12. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Thunder Bay. There are a few yards that look like this guys around here.

The same friend who showed this place for me, told me a story that last year, while working for a scrap yard, he was sent to a ol ladies property to (dispose) a field of cars. He said there was about 300 cars from the 70's down to the 30's. More older then newer. The womans husband pasted away and she wanted the cars gone. The only catch was that she wanted each one crushed before they left the property. Every car had to be inspected by her before leaving to the scrap yard. He said he was there for 3 weeks and he had tears in his eyes the whole time. He tried to get parts for his 52 GMC pickup and she freaked. A true bitch.

13. Another "GUNNA", gunna get round to it one day, shit he better start soon cause I rekon hes got a few years work ahead of him.
    Id be a starter for that little Fargo delivery, might just take the hauler to carry it on as well!!

14. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

The guy works in Alberta and thats where these cars & trucks come from everytime he comes home which explain why they are solid sitting in Ontario.

15. Man,...what a nice stash of cool vehicles; too bad he won't let loose of some.

16. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

That's a shame. I have a friend here that would kill for the back doors off that Chevy wagon

17. 50shoe

50shoe

one of the smarter things ever said on here.

18. brad chevy

brad chevy

Guys got a nice collection and its up to him to do what he wants with them,not sell just because hes got so many. Maybe the guys got a plan for when he stops working.I'm sure most Hambers,if they had the property,and funds ,and could find the old stuff would do the same.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  19. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I'd like to see what the Ford race car hauler looked like when it was parked. Butch/56sedeandelivery.

20. scottydc

scottydc
    from Waco TX

That firebird even though OT makes my heart beat a little erratic.

21. 1927Tudor

1927Tudor

Given the climate in Thunder Bay, (lived in Schreiber for a few years) and the fact that they are all on grass or gravel, in about 10 years all of that pristine Alberta iron will be scrap...

22. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Yup. Buying an old vehicle and hanging on to it is better than money in the bank today, accumulating what, 1% interest? Pfft.

23. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

You are totally right about that....I'm 18 and very few people from my generation have any interest in this at all.

24. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

hey, a couple of long weekends and everything will be up and running-$$ no problem-time and energy no problem-tools & talent no problem - eyes & dreams bigger than reality no problem - no common sense no problem - what a waste.

25. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Grass creates rot, but witnessed that gravel is the best for vehicles as long as the frame isn't sitting on the ground.

26. Gerrys

Gerrys

20 years those will be scrap. Look what happened to Model T prices. Don't see to many people looking for old horse buggies to restore.

27. Dave50

Dave50

I would love to have that Ford hauler man thats awesome

28. skullaero

skullaero

That fella is going to be busy for many many years if he plans to restore them. I'm fond of that stretched out Suburban carry all. It looks like an old Railroad truck. It is amazing, there are places like this all over the US, and I guess Canada. I hate to see them return to dust.

29. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

You guys aren't thinking this thing through. This fellow is probably SAVING all of these old vehicles from being scrapped by bringing them home with him. For every old vehicle you have seen for sale that you thought was a potential project, did YOU buy it and save it? Or did you pass and let it keep sitting until the owner decided to just scrap it to get it gone for whatever reason? I thinks this "hoarder" is preserving vintage iron for the future. ;)

30. GearHead614

GearHead614

Damn it! those are some nice projects! I think alberta should put a Tin Ban on our borders lol No good tin leaves Alberta lol hahaha