Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another history rod found in WA. State ( 34 roadster )updated pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordnutz, Sep 23, 2009.

1. A friend of mine in Vancouver, BC just bought this beauty. It was in the Seattle area. The older pics are from 1952. It was featured in Speed and Custom magazine in 1961. Notice the cut down doors. He says it looks just like the pics but with 50 years of patina. Pat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  2. BillM

BillM
    Member Emeritus

I remember a 34 roadster with cut down doors that I used to see parked at a body shop across the street from Snohomish High school back in that era. I'm thinking it was light blue.

3. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Thats badass! lets see the new shots!

4. He doesn't have the car home yet, so no new shots. Pat.

5. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

always love seeing a survivor, , , can't wait to see the pics when he gets it home,,

6. cris and Acey Duecey wtf! i thought it was your jobs to help keep all the cool old fords here local? :eek:your letting those hosers from up north rob us of all the good stuff! you guys are fired.:rolleyes::D:D

7. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

I know. Im slipping. I know where theres a 34 roadster body laying in the woods too. Its not as nice as that car though! I am almost done underwater welding school. When i am done (if i land the job i want) i will be on the old ford hunt again.

8. Were was it found? Was it indoors, and is it complete?

9. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Yeah. Chris skips off to to "The Islands" :rolleyes:for his vacation, and look what happens!

10. Easy Chris! Your supposed to be on vacation, remember surf, sand etc

11. Yeah, I come back Saturday, and I'm really itchin to take a car for a drive :D

12. I cannot vouch for cars found from the west side of Moses lake and over to the coast. Not my territory :D

13. uncle buck

uncle buck

I believe it was just sold out of the Renton area by a local collector that has a pretty cool collection of 32-34 Fords. I looked at it a couple years ago and it was pretty well complete minus engine and trans if I remember correctly. I want to say that when Chuck bought it , he found it down somewhere in the Shelton area - but I don't recall for sure. Dave

14. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

Chris, Home Sat ? See ya at the Country Place ???

15. No dude, I won't be home until Sunday, got stuff to do in Seattle Saturday. Wish I could make it :( I hear the weather is great in Spokane still!!

16. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

Too bad, cause I won't take any pics like you would, but I will have a beer or two for ya!

17. Drink away, I've been drinkin all week :D

18. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Cool! I believe I saw that car in a magazine last week! Looking forward to some photos...

19. if it's the one I was thinking of it was posted on Craigslist about a week ago looking for offers. It was in the Mill Creek area Been in a garage since the seventies. It belonged to retired Boeing employee in his seventies. I offered $20,000 for it from just seeing the pictures. I never heard back...

20. Acey Duecey are you in ballard learning to underwater weld? if you are make sure you leave your seatbelt hanging out the door and your right turn signal flashing!:rolleyes: they will think your a native.:D

21. with all the new condo overlords... most of the natives are now gone.

22. 31whitey

31whitey

Man....that is like my dream.

Finding a 34 roadster, old hot rod, whoa.

That is sweet and your stoked...

23. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

What a find! But we do need current pics.

24. rodncustom

rodncustom

The asking price was $35,000 by the time it was sold.

25. rodncustom

rodncustom

Here's the description I received from the seller;

"Description:
    .The roadster had the door tops modified to be in a movie in the 40's and the work was done in California.
    .1952 Earl Reed, of Seattle, bought the car and started the Grinders Car Club in Seattle. The car was running a hot flattie then and was featured in Speed and Custom Mag in 1961. I have that mag and also another that it was in.
    .1965 Jerry Pollock bought the car from Earl Reed and put in a Buick Nailhead.
    .1974 I bought the car and pulled the Buick (I was going to return it to flathead power) and it's been tucked away in my nice dry garage since then (35 years).
    .The car is currently not running and I have been collecting all the original parts I could find for the car for the past 35 years. It is probably very close to 100% complete and I really can't think of anything that is missing--if there is anything, it would be some small part I have overlooked. The car comes with:
    .59 AB flatty
    .super nice original frame--cross members never removed.
    .all original 1934 Ford sheet metal. Very straight car--some of the fenders will need some work but they are all very straight and repairable and solid--not rust buckets.
    .An extra pair of doors come with the car incase a guy wanted to put the door tops back to stock.
    .Body conditon:
    .Firewall has been 'heavily relieved" for the Buick. I have an excellent original firewall to go with the car.
    .Floor under rumble seat area has some splits and separation-still looks very solid. Could be saved or replaced--not a very large area. The floor from the rumble area forward is just super nice and I doubt there are any rust or weak metal areas there at all. The floor area forward of the front seat has been cut out some for the Buick Automatic. An easy fix and the reinforing braces under the floor have not been cut out in that area.
    .Quarter panel beads just behind the doors are starting to show some small rust holes. I do not believe the car has ever had any patch panels (maybe a couple antenna holes in the cowl were filled). The car has approximately 6 different paint jobs and it looks like they were just applied over the previous paint job and never stripped to bare metal. So, that's how nice the body was under all this old paint.The body is really straight. Original rumble lid does not appear to have any rust out.
    .Cowl vent was leaded in and I carefully melted out the lead years ago and the little tray that holds the cowl vent gasket is excellent and no welding was ever done in that area. So, the cowl vent is now operational.
    .Dash has had a few minor holes filled and is in excellent condition.
    .The car goes with a complete new Lebaron Bonney Upholstery kit including a new top, original and reproduction top irons, original replated windshield stantions that are excellent (the photos of them do not make the chrome look very good but it is perfect), new V8 shop running boards plus very presentable originals, reproduction windshield frame (no original), original door handles, original 16" Kelsey Hayes wire wheels, original MorDrop 34 Ford axle or stock front axle. Stock front and rear wishbones and 34 rear end.

That's a quick overview."

26. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

Can't wait to see the pictures when you get it home.We've had a pretty good run of cars coming out of storage here in Wash. state lately, haven't we?;)

27. anyone know what it went for?$$$

28. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Mill Creek?! I guess I am the one who is slipping!

29. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Everyone can make up stories like that.

30. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Hmmm, my dad bought his first car on the corner across from the naked pigs joint where that glass shop is/was 32 ford 5 window, $75 or trade for 283