Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Hamber goes on two wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Glen, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Glen

Glen

At the risk of being banned permanently from the HAMB, I though i would share my latest project with you guys.

The rear fender is not scalloped as pictured.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Anderson

Anderson

So when does your Discovery Channel show start? [​IMG]

3. Flynn's_57

Flynn's_57
    from Nor*Cal

Dude-
    I don't EVEN like that bike...
    It looks like a "goldchain" on two wheels...
    [​IMG]

But, what on it did you make...?
    (At least redeem yourself by saying you DID make some of that...?)

4. Glen is one of the last fellows around here that needs to "redeem" himself......but we all know you were kidding.

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I like it, I like it alot. I even like the rear fender.... but what do I know... I'm just a gurl that likes customs bikes [​IMG]

6. =mike=

=mike=

Thats pretty badass man . I just sealed the deal for a 1969 pan/shovel lastnight , so I will be posting some pictures later next month of the parts pile I have aquired . it will go along the lines of one of those Jap/zero choppers . . . . kinda like this one , but different [​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Pan/Shovel? Is that like a Blond/redhead?

8. DrJ

DrJ

[ QUOTE ]
    Pan/Shovel? Is that like a Blond/redhead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, it's like a red head who's blond everywhere else....

Pan cases shovel heads probably.

I like the tank on Glens, don't care for the fender because I cringe at the thought of those points getting bent and digging into the tire at 80 MPH.

I've never quite understood the peanut tank ballanced on top of the top bar like on the one =mike= posted. I like the tanks to "sit" on the cylinder heads with no empty void of space especially if all there is in that space is un molded frame welds.

Glen is that the bike you are getting or one like it?

9. How much do you want for the front fender off the "donor" bike, I closed the garage door on mine and it has a 3/4" dent in the top. Factory painted ones from HD are $225.

10. Glen

Glen

That is a roller from paul Yaffe, I bought a frame from him and told him to set it up the exact same way but the rear fender and wheels are different.
    So I have not made anything on that bike except the $ to write the check with. I really dont feel I have to prove anything with it, [​IMG] I just thought it was a bitchin bike. It wont be a "billet" bike, it will be a Glen bike.

So, that fender stays with the shop,,,,sorry.

11. [ QUOTE ]
    So I have not made anything on that bike except the $ to write the check with

[/ QUOTE ]

what more do you have to do, we work our asses off, well most of us and to cut a check with your hard earned $$, needs no excuses...

12. Glen

Glen

You bet, I work about 65 hours a week and eat lunch at my desk.
    Oh ya, and the fact I dont know to build a motorcycle frame.

13. DrJ

DrJ

Don't let em get up your nose Glen.

After all, every Ford built up to 1949 is just a hotrod kit waiting for assembly.

And for the rest of you Bozos (I'm talking to you only ifyou think the title fits), If Glen is a chainer than chainers are ALL cool people.

14. hatch

hatch
    from house

If I had the cash, I'd be another George Poteet...why waste time building shit yourself, when you can have a half dozen shops screwin stuff together as fast as you can think em up and write the checks?...if you would different, you are just lying to yourself.

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

George still gets his hands dirty. Why? cuz he LOVES to. If it's in your heart and soul, you will build no matter how much money you have. You can build some and buy some all in the same life. There are no rules.

16. Glen

Glen

No, I know its just good joking around.

As off topic as that is, I knew there would be some.

17. I don't know jack squat about bikes but I like what I see there. I like the way the frame echos the circumfrunce [sp] of the rear tire. I like the shape of the handlebars. I wonder what you'll use for wheels. Wires? Gives me ideas for the basic shape of my mini chopper project.....cool

18. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Little modern for my tastes, but I'm diggin the lines overall. BTW, did Yaffe drop the F-bomb between every word like he did on the Biker Build-Off? I swear they bleeped him like 200000000 times. [​IMG]

19. hatch

hatch
    from house

HRLC...I agree...I will never stop making stuff..hopefully up until the day I die...but I could never build everything I have ideas for, [​IMG] without lots of cash and plenty of help...the list is WAY too long!!!!

20. TWO

TWO
    from Wisconsin

[ QUOTE ]
    It looks like a "goldchain" on two wheels...

[/ QUOTE ]

It is exactly.

21. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Hey, does this mean I don't have to chuck up chunks of metal in the drill and turn my own valves with a file anymore to keep from being called a goldchainer? [​IMG]

Try saying chuck up chunks 3 times fast! [​IMG]

22. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

Glen> I love the bike then again i dig all those coolhuy bikes on the road today.But please don't be too cool as to not wear a brainbucket when ya do get it on the road.
    Right down the street from my house i have seen three wrecks in less than 2 weeks .People on two of these wrecks turned right in front of the bikes and they smacked the door or quarter panel.You see how people here drive ,and they don't call um donorcycles for nuthin so please be careful bro.. [​IMG]
    Have you scetched your planes out for the bike yet ?

23. TWO

TWO
    from Wisconsin

Mom?? Is that you?

[ QUOTE ]
    Glen> I love the bike then again i dig all those coolhuy bikes on the road today.But please don't be too cool as to not wear a brainbucket when ya do get it on the road.
    Right down the street from my house i have seen three wrecks in less than 2 weeks .People on two of these wrecks turned right in front of the bikes and they smacked the door or quarter panel.You see how people here drive ,and they don't call um donorcycles for nuthin so please be careful bro.. [​IMG]
    Have you scetched your planes out for the bike yet ?

[/ QUOTE ]

24. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

two,guess how many fingers i am holding up?
    Just so happens Glen is a pal and i have lost too many people to bike wrecks this year. take yer MOM quote and ........shhhhhhhhhhhit nevermind yer NOT worth it .