Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Another good car hits the scrap yard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BinderRod, Jun 27, 2011.

1. BinderRod

BinderRod

I pulled into work today to see a Falcon station wagon sitting on a trailer waiting for the scrap yard to open. A couple of weeks ago there was a 63 Catalina with the wide 5 wheels and 389 motor. Before that there was a Stude Bullet nose on a trailer. I have talked to the owner a couple of times trying get get some of the better cars or even get some hard to find parts for other people. I will keep trying to wear him down.

2. Black Primer

Black Primer

Money talks, thats what they're all about!

3. 71buickfreak

71buickfreak
    from Oklahoma

My local yard pulls all the classics and resells them. They have a super clean 60-ish Tbird right now. No wheels, but the body is cherry.

4. I wish the scrap places around here would do that, I drive by one every morning about 7:45 am and I've seen stuff waiting to go through the gate that'd make you cry. The thing that gets me is 9 times out of 10 if you stop and try to buy something off a guy's trailer before he takes it in he won't bite even if you offer him twice scrap value for it :rolleyes:.

As for the yard itself they alwayse give you some lame line about they cant sell stuff because it's against the law, WTF?

5. BinderRod

BinderRod

The other yard I hit had 2, 1955 chevy 2 doors. Last week he got a 67 Mustang Fastback and of course he won't sell them because he is going to keep them for himself. Atleast they didn't get crushed.