Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Another glass question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by babblewon, Nov 14, 2018.

1. babblewon

babblewon
    from cali

1954 Chevy bel air
    The front door glass channel on the door latch side. The vertical piece that holds the felt. This is opposite the vent window. Is there a metal runner that bolts to the inside of the door to hold the felt? It would go where the “glass run channel” is in the pic below...

Attached Files:

2. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Interested in this as well for my '32 3 window. Looking for the channel or "division bar" in the graphic to modify.

3. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Yes I think so, on a two door sedan there is a bolt in channel. It slips into place at the top and is bolted to a stud plate at the bottom. I think if you look down near the bottom inside your door, you will see where it attaches.

John

4. babblewon

babblewon
    from cali

Ok wanted to make sure there is a piece to hold the felts. Anyone have a pic of it? I found a junkyard that is gonna check their yard for them. I would look for myself, but the nearest yard with an early Chevy is about 4 hours away...

5. Tri five you might get a repop one for a sedan. On the 32 it works much the same but mounts different. U shaped channel.

6. theburningbush

theburningbush
    from Tacoma WA

Been a few years, but i think WZ Junk is right, not attached at top and 1 fastener at the bottom. I installed some reproductions (possibly from national chevy assn?) , they came in straight pieces that you bend into place. Go slow on the bending, it will look a little funky if you kink the metal on the sides of the chanel, but its well worth the money ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

I seem to remember a small screw that held the top (behind the felt) and a bracket of some kind that attaches the channel to the door frame with a bolt that was on the outside.

8. babblewon

babblewon
    from cali

Just attached at the bottom? Got these from a junk yard today... look right?

Attached Files:

9. babblewon

babblewon
    from cali

I guess the felts will help secure it when it’s all installed?.... no bolt or guide at the top, just kinda floating at the top

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018