Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Fuse Panel Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choppedsled, Jan 22, 2012.

1. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

I've done some searches and haven't turned up much on these. I'm going to attempt to wire my project from scratch with cloth covered wire. I want a panel or block that terminates at the panel rather than the typical panels with the looms already attached. Thier great for thier purpose, but not for what I'm doing. So I'm looking for a stand alone panel such as these Centech units:

http://www.centechwire.com/catalog/panels/index.html

I'm only running the very basics, ol 283 with generator, headlights, tail / brake lights, etc, thats it. No turn signals, radio, wipers...it's a hotrod.

Recommendations? Feedback?

Thanks

2. handyandy289

handyandy289
    from Georgia

Try a marine supply such as, West Marine or others.

3. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

4. belle

belle

5. I prefer to wire to the panel also. I have used American autowire several times and been very pleased.

6. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

Waytek has some nice Bussman fuse panels that are unterminated AND can also hold either mini or micro relays. Not a bad price, either at about $25 each. Go to
    waytekwire.com
    mike

7. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

my local advance had a stand alone similar to that. not sure who makes it but I don't remember it being very expensive. You never know what yours might have, advance never carries the same parts from location to location. give it a shot though

8. gashog

gashog

Not sure you want to go with a terminal block but here's the basic wiring I used on my 29:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012