Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another FNG

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by twofosho, Nov 10, 2005.

1. twofosho

twofosho

Kinda been into cars as far back as I can remember. I remember buying the September 1963 Rod and Custom magazine (the one with Roth's Mysterion on the cover), been hooked ever since. Got my first car in December 1964, 58 Pontiac Bonneville coupe, finally sold the rusted out hulk two years ago. I think the most cars I've ever had at one time was 27. The one I most regret letting get away was a 61 Chrysler Newport convertible with a 413 and a factory 3 spd. Black with a white top and interior. Strange looking, wirelike shifter coming out of the floor and curving around the seat, had a black ball on it. With the electroluminescent instrument bubble covering up the entire steering column, Chrysler had no place else to put it. Seventy three in first, one hundred five in second, never did top end it.
    Did the 55 through 57 thing, most notably, two 55 Nomads and tree 57 Safaris.
    Always had a thing for sleepers. If you'd ever seen the looks on the faces of two kids driving a 66 SS395 4 spd Chevelle, too loud, jacked up, with headers hanging down, after you had just nailed them by 6 or 7 car lengths with a Safari station wagon, you'd understand. Things like a Crane cammed fresh motor backed by a B&M Hydro Stick don't show (he he). You'd think the fresh unrubbed paint, chrome trim and front bumper missing, would give them pause, but thirty feet into the intersection they hammered it, guess they thought they would show me. I had the hydro locked in low just waiting. Wind it til it screams, bump the shift lever up a notch, bark the tires, two more times, it's over. They parked behind me and came up to talk. When the one kid asked me why the air cleaner looked so funny as I was putting the thrown fan belt back on (I never could keep fan belts on that thing), I said " Gee man, I don't know, I thought they all looked like that back then.". They did, but only if you bought a whole car out of Seattle just to get a factory F I, and someone mistakes the doghouse shroud for the air cleaner. What a romp!
    Got a real jones for a Model A, seems like I've been saving parts for this
    project forever. The user name is from an idea I just can't get out of my
    head.

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

Welcome !!!