Register now to get rid of these ads!

another FNG...from MN

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Rick S, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Rick S

Rick S

Okay, I've been a lurker too long, time to step up and say hello.
    My name is Rick, I'm 50 and I'm a car junky. It begin innocently enough for me back in the mid-sixties when I was around 10 years old and I saw my first hot rod up close in a neighbors driveway that some guy had brought over to show his buddy. While sitting on my stingray bike I remember the guy telling his buddy that it was a bucket T roadster. I didn't know what that was, but I knew I liked it.

So, mini bikes began at 12, dirt bikes quickly followed and finally at 15, cars...I was hooked. I was lucky enough to be part of the muscle car era of the late 60's and got to see, ride and later on even own some pretty neat hot cars. Got married in the late 70's and have three great kids. Did pinstriping, lettering and custom signs for many years as a side job to earn extra cash to feed my car addiction. My kids are now grown and gone, so I built a shop onto the back of my garage, bought a MIG welder and plasma cutter and decided to see if I could build a hot rod '52 Chevy pickup.

Thank's to you guys and the information I've gotten from this site, I chopped the top, removed the vent windows and drip rails, V-butted the windshield and replaced all the rusted panels. It sits on a modified S-10 frame, with a 350, 5 speed and Camaro rear. I have a lot of work left to do to get it up and running in time for the Back to the Fifties in June, but so far, this has been the most fun I've ever had with a vehicle.

Attached Files:

• 212.JPG
      212.JPG
      File size:
      66.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Welcome....from another Gopher Stater. :)