Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another FNG from Maryland

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 66Stang, Nov 8, 2007.

1. 66Stang

66Stang

Hey everybody, finally decided to make a profile after lurking for a few months. I first heard about the HAMB from another forum and I decided to check it out. The HAMB's addictive, been checking it a few times a day ever since. I've learned a good bit so far, and I know I'll learn a lot more. Doubt you'll see me post often, but it feel's better actually being a member of this awesome community.

I realize the name might be a concern to some since this is a traditional hot rod and kustom community, but I figure for being a 17 year old kid, a '66 Mustang daily driver is pretty damn cool. Don't worry, you won't see me spamming the board with pictures or asking about parts for it, there's Mustang forums for that stuff.

hrm2k likes this.
  2. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I spent the better part of 2 hours talking with this young man at the Jalopyrama. He is a really nice kid. I can't understand what he wants to be around the rest of us degenerates for but he is one of the good ones. Who the hell else would apologize for driving a 66 MUstang as daily driver.
    We should make him feel welcome. He is the face of the hobby after the rest of us old farts die !

3. Well said, hotrodman 2000. It's always refreshing to see one of the " youngsters" who appreciate and respect the cars we "older folks" love so much. Don't know if you saw the 2 brothers @ Jalopyrama that showed up a bit later w/ their great grandmothers '56 Chevy Station Wagon. These 2 "younger guys" have come up in an old car family ( thanks to their dad and his friends) and enjoy the old stuff as much as we do. They and their friends had been thrashing hard on the wagon just to get it back on the road and kinda pay homage to family and the car. Gotta love and respect them for it. They're both good guys and a lot of fun to chat with and like you say, the faces of this hobby going forward.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Nothing wrong with an old Mustang as a daily driver. When I was 17 (MANY years ago) my daily driver was a '68 Camaro. Everyone's gotta start somewhere and for most kids it's not possible to have a daily driver AND a running, driving hot rod. Yeah gotta work into it slowly....as long as you keep your grades up:D

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to meeting you at one of the East coast events this upcoming cruzn season.

5. Manson

Manson
    from Baden, MD
    1. Maryland HAMBers

Those fellas are real good friends of mine- really cool people. Ya'll should be seeing some more of that wagon next year.

66stang- Welcome to the site. Nothing wrong with an old 'stang as a daily, especially at 17. It sure as hell beats driving some little econo-car everyday, so long as you can afford the gas.