Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Flathead T5 5speed question????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59elky, Dec 15, 2006.

1. 59elky

59elky

I know this has been covered many times, but I can't seem to find exactly what I want to know. Can someone give me the part numbers for the correct pilot shaft bushing, throw out bearing, clutch disc, pressure plate etc. Also are there any modifications to the input shaft necessary? I am using a S10 5speed behind a 59ab engine. I have the Speedway adapter using the GM clutch fork.

2. motor mikey

motor mikey
    from hanover pa

My best advice is to call Wilcap in Cali. I bought everything from them, and it went together without any issues. Tell them what you need and they will send you the correct pressure plate, clutch, pilot bushing and anything else you might need. I know my clutch disc was modified to work.

3. Ole don

Ole don

If you bought the adaptor from Speedway, call them and ask for the tech guy. I used a ten inch flathead presure plate, and an S 10 disc that measured about 9 7/8. For the pilot, I had my local machine shop bore a flathead pilot bushing and press in a new S 10 pilot bushing. I mocked up the trans on the bell on the motor, with no clutch, and found the trans input to long by about 3/8 inch. I wrapped a wet rag around the input and ground 3/8 off it with a 4 1/2 inch hand grinder. Mine works great.