Register now to get rid of these ads!

another F.N.G

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod60F100, Jul 13, 2004.

1. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Greetings fellow rodders,My Names Bart and i own a 1973 AMC Gremlin'ok you can stop laughin'but my gremlins no ordinary one,it has a 11 to 1 comp built AMC 360 mated to a Borg Warner T10 4 speed with 4.56 gears.its still in the buildup process but when shes done she'll be done up old school i.e the classic pizza box style hood scoop big meats out back and pizza cutters in the front,i even have a classic Hurst inline shifter for it.i know my cars no 32 Highboy or chapped ledsled but its a hot rod too in a weird way lol,Oh and i'm glad to be here and i'm sure i'll learn lots as i absolutly love hot rods,gassers and streetmachines.

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

3. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

I still would LOVE to hear a definition of the term "street machine." I find that more annoying than "rat rod."
    Is it a street sweeper? Maybe a snow plow? One of those trucks that paints lines on the road? Can't we say that anything from a bicycle to an armored personnel carrier is a "street machine." If you mean muscle car, say so. If you mean tacky street rod, say so. (Sorry for the rant).

Anyway, that being said, maybe your Gremlin doesn't belong here, but if you do stick around, I predict you'll sell it within a year and be well on your way to a 50s or 60s styled (real) hot rod. It's your fate once you join the HAMB. [​IMG]
    One thing is for sure, you'll learn more than you can imagine.

4. Well then... Welcome! [​IMG]

5. I feel a nose bleed coming on. Think I'll go lay down for awhile.

6. If you jack the front end up and plop it back down on a straight axle, we might like it better.

Check out the orange 55 gasser posted today.

Fat Hack will testify, you cannot kill the bottom end of an AMC motor.

is this you?
    [​IMG]

7. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Yes 4T64rd thats me,i too am a member of Byrons Gasser Madness which is where you got that pic from right? and yes folks i wish i could put a straight axle under the front of my gremlin as i LOVE Gassers and since i'm about as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool here i do have a 1960 F100 with a 292/3 on the tree that is my gasser project and i guess i shoulda mentioned that one instead of my obviously disliked here Gremlin LOL

8. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Well,the place i got the url for this place did say Enter at your own risk LOL

9. zman

zman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Garner, NC

Hey man post of a pic of the Ford. Now I dig the mullet mobile and all, yeah I got a soft spot for AMCs. But not here.

10. slammed

slammed

[ i do have a 1960 F100 with a 292/3 on the tree that is my gasser project

[/ QUOTE ] Now that will be neat. Snap a few for a possible re-entry. Some 5 spoke's would really be cool on that ride.

11. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

[ QUOTE ]
    [ i do have a 1960 F100 with a 292/3 on the tree that is my gasser project

[/ QUOTE ] Now that will be neat. Snap a few for a possible re-entry. Some 5 spoke's would really be cool on that ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheeit i'd love to find some Halibrands for it but most likely i'll get those Stockton Wheel'Milner Specials'thier basically reverse chromies i go ga ga for those rims they look soooo good on 60's and earlier cars and trucks

12. slammed

slammed

Old, unpolished 5 spoke's on the Gremlin. I just scored some American Daisey or 'Coke bottle' style this spring for $40.00. 5x4.5 Mopar, might fit your's?

13. Gracie

Gracie

If you shaved the cute little chrome gremlin, please send it to me, I want it.

14. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Well shit, you never mentioned you were a Y blocker...That's all you had to say! [​IMG]

15. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

[ QUOTE ]
    If you shaved the cute little chrome gremlin, please send it to me, I want it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the ones that were on the front fenders on only 70-71 Gremlins?sorry,mines a 73 and never came with those oh and shhh bout my gremster,some on here feel like i should be shot for mentioning it on here LOL

16. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Y block gasser truck???? I got an 59 ford FE Gasser truck but you need that Y block Hilborn I've got in the classifieds for your truck! Just playin. Anyway, welcome to the club from another newby. I think most guys dig your Gremlin but as a second car to your gasser. Most guys dig muscle cars and lowriders as much as anybody else but we keep that quiet. A friend of mine had sex with a dwarf and it took him ten years to tell me. Kinda like your Gremlin...great story but he just couldn't introduce himself with it without a good deal of strange looks. Later it was all high fives and one low one. You'll be fine here. Welcome aboard.

17. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

[ QUOTE ]
    Well shit, you never mentioned you were a Y blocker...That's all you had to say! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeup,shes a 1960 brick red shortbed north Alabama truck all her life twas my grandfathers till he sold her to me,it has the 292 Y block with a 3 on the tree'drove like a tank LOL'its still up in North Ala.and once i get her down here to South Fl.i wanna update the rear and rasie up the front straight axle some or might flat her black,add a flame job and lower her and add some milner special reverse chromies.its in good shape save for some dings and dents.i would like to keep the Y block rebuild it and add Tbird 312 valve covers [​IMG] is there any hipo mods for the 272-312 Y block Fords?

18. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

[ QUOTE ]
    Y block gasser truck???? I got an 59 ford FE Gasser truck but you need that Y block Hilborn I've got in the classifieds for your truck! Just playin. Anyway, welcome to the club from another newby. I think most guys dig your Gremlin but as a second car to your gasser. Most guys dig muscle cars and lowriders as much as anybody else but we keep that quiet. A friend of mine had sex with a dwarf and it took him ten years to tell me. Kinda like your Gremlin...great story but he just couldn't introduce himself with it without a good deal of strange looks. Later it was all high fives and one low one. You'll be fine here. Welcome aboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMMFAO Thanx man [​IMG]

19. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Oh man, there is all kinds of fun stuff, six deuce manifolds, superchargers, and whatever you wanna make. Parts seem hard to find but I can probably find you a 6x2 and I seriously do have the bilborn if you want a real racer. I ordered a set of TRW pistons not long ago and they were the last set. Discontinued! other people make them too though just a little more money. Ya gotta build that motor! They are just too cool.

20. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] damn straight about that one! now show us the truck before we get ugly [​IMG] (those who have met me will say it's too late...)

21. Anderson

Anderson

My mother's first car was a purple gremlin...her sister had a green one, and her other sister got a yellow one. FYI..

22. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...........you'll do fine here "son." You got your balls ripped off and handed to you and came back smiling!
    When I first posted, I was asked for photos of my "ride" and posted shots of a PT Cruiser with wide whites and Moons. You can just imagine the response?? That was back in the day when there were only HARD CORE HAMBers too! I begged forgiveness, bribed a few people and NEVER mentenioned the offending vehicle again and have been fine.
    I also owned a '73 Gremlin. Bought it with a fresh paint job for $900. Ran it for about 3 years and gave it away. It was ill handling with the short rear end, but always a very dependable car. I have also owned a Studebaker. Now, I need a Pacer and I will have had it all...........
    Welcome! Your attitude is refreshing!! [​IMG]

23. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...........you'll do fine here "son." You got your balls ripped off and handed to you and came back smiling!
    When I first posted, I was asked for photos of my "ride" and posted shots of a PT Cruiser with wide whites and Moons. You can just imagine the response?? That was back in the day when there were only HARD CORE HAMBers too! I begged forgiveness, bribed a few people and NEVER mentenioned the offending vehicle again and have been fine.
    I also owned a '73 Gremlin. Bought it with a fresh paint job for $900. Ran it for about 3 years and gave it away. It was ill handling with the short rear end, but always a very dependable car. I have also owned a Studebaker. Now, I need a Pacer and I will have had it all...........
    Welcome! Your attitude is refreshing!! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanx,i kinda figured being a newbie here is like U.S.M.C boot camp i just gotta tough it out LOL