Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ***another early Friday Art Show 8/30/07***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Coupe-De-CAB, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skimmer

Skimmer

Kool.......I was toying with the idea of doing our recycle bins your looks kool..........might just do it now ........

2. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

LOWCAB,
    I did the same, started this one yesterday as well:)

This time i didn't use any brushes or acrylics, strickley stencils and spray paint!

I think i like this one better...

[​IMG]

cheers,
    CAB

3. Empire32

Empire32
    from FRANCE

some pinstriping

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

i would definitely be interested in purchasing this. love the buzzard

5. DtroitDinosaur

DtroitDinosaur

Man you stripers are soooo good. I aint even posting mine yet. My hat is off to all you guys that do it well.

6. This is the "Loretta 3000"
    Designed for a cartoon Idea I was developing back in 1989 while an film school.
    The car was a 1956 design study that escaped the factory. Likely a Chrysler 'Forward Design', the car shared some panels with later models which explains the mismatching colors. The car is a sample of the design excesses of the fiftys as it looked foreward 1050 years into the cosmos to what people might be driving and "deliverng it to customers today." It is named after the deigner's mother.

[​IMG]

7. widewhitewalls

widewhitewalls
    from Michigan

A late second entry: A tshirt design for the talented Ms. April May and her wonderful (better than my) Photographs
    [​IMG]

Also, speaking of my photographs, I'm trying to get mine on some Jones Soda bottles and i could use some votes if you get a chance. Go vote here!

<div style="width:480px; text-align: center;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://w40.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w40.photobucket.com/albums/e249/keven_carter/Jones Soda/8fb1ae47.pbw" height="360" width="480"></embed>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]</div>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  8. april may

april may

9. Conder

Conder

...and they look like you did 'em YESTERDAY! How ya doin' Rod?

10. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I absolutely LOVE this piece! Ya just can't beat real paint........great textures.....
    Great stuff Robin!.....and everyone, really a good show this week!:D

Sinclair.....you always have such cool stuff.....this RULES!

11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

man been a while sinc eive posted on one of these, how about some random hot rod ink ~based from the hot rod scetch post

[​IMG]

12. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

god alot of you make me wish I knew how to use my computer or actually afford some of the software. What programs do yall use corel.

13. AHotRod

AHotRod

WOW !
    You guys keep getting better and better !!!!!!!
    How do you do it ???????

14. Getting better by the post! My first post on pg.5 didn't have an image that would open up on the P.C. I tried using CMYK for color printing but, I believe, Photoshop on the mac won't translate on the P.C. (What the heck did I say???) Problem fixed as I replaced the image. leadsleadolds<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2197777", true); </SCRIPT> I use Adobe Photoshop (Creative Suite 2) But a lot of guys use Illustrator.

15. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

I love your level of detail... glad you posted it!

Everyone, fantastic show this week!!

16. Another great show! Took me almost an hour to look at all the pics.

Haven't been posting much as most of my work takes me out of town and my camera is usually forgotten.My Minolta XG-1 still has film in it from last year.

Here are a couple of things:the first is a bike fender.The skull is a rough copy of a tattoo that this guy's dad had on his arm.I copied it from an old picture of his dad holding him as a baby.Sadly his dad passed awhile back and he wanted this done in memory of him.He wishes he knew what the significance of the tattoo is;his dad never would say.

The second is another paint box I'm starting on.I've had this idea running around in my head for awhile now.Not sure I'm totally satisfied with the way it came out.Just a work-in-progress right now.

Attached Files:

17. This is a 50's 24" Stelber Jet Streak Deluxe. I modified it a bit to resemble a cafe/board track style. All paint and graphics are original. Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. GaryC.

GaryC.

19. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

my newest.

Attached Files:

20. sinclair

sinclair

Unreal show this week. I can not believe the talent here. Well since the Orbitron has been found I will post this work I did a while back.
    [​IMG]

21. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Well, I didn't have anything until tonight. Had a couple blank clocks and I'm going to a show tomorrow so I figured they might be worth a little gas money. all painted up pretty.

Amazing show this week everyone.

Attached Files:

22. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

sinclair, realy digging the color work definatly adds a new level to your peices

23. DIRTYDAG

DIRTYDAG
    from cleveland

Wild Show GUYS!!!!

Cab...kick ass paintings!
    Zombie...:eek: cant say much more than that!
    Mask...:D Clipboards rule!
    Sinclair....Love yer stuff...especially Deaths doorstep!
    Tingler..not bad...:rolleyes: :D

Man there are too many people with great stuff to type out individually ...But Great stuff everyone!!!!! I might get to post some new stuff later...

Keep it wet!
    Dag

24. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Well, here is my first foray into the art show...Here is a crapper flapper that I painted for Gary Jenson....
    [​IMG]

25. slammed

slammed

Wheeeeeeeee-ha! Lot's of goodie's people!

26. guiseart

guiseart

ditto man... ditto.

27. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

I have a long way to go to get as good as you guys,but I do like my new Willy's drawing.

28. Smith79

Smith79

reminds me of a goergia okeefe city scape, with a hot rod smack dab in the middle of it... i love it

30. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Anybody know the history of painting toilet seats? Where in the world did this originate. I've seen such great stuff painted and drawn on them but...toilet seat? No offence meant to those who do it, I just want to understand it. PM me if ya got the answer. I don't want to clutter this thread at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.